system tray UL/DL throttle option

ben

A very useful option that i use in azureus is the right click menu in its system tray, that allowed me to throttle the global upload and download speeds. i use this alot- for example: im about to send someone a 20 meg file over AIM, i simply right click the azureus system tray icon and goto upload>5kb/sec and when im done i simply set it back to unlimited or whatever i may chose.

anyone else feeling the same?

i realize there is a pause/resume option.. but sometimes i may set it to 30kb up and sometimes i may set it to unlimited up.. it depends on what is going on at the time.

EXACTLY this genious Feature i MiSS VERY, VERY strong !-)

AND (-: also MiSSing the CURRent CAP-settings i.E. [70k] in the right corner of status bar ;)

Sample:

|

|

|

~

|

............|...|Network OK |DHT 299 peers (Updating) |D: 65 kB/s [70] (total: 3.4 GB) |U: 9.3 kb/s [12] (total: 14.6 GB) |

cFos-Speed is NOT really an Alternative ;-(

AND if u love the the requested Features in this Topic (-: Vote 4 it ;)

If this does get added, it'd also be nice if an option to add a torrent URL to start is added to the tray as well, since you can't double click a URL to have it opened automagically.

@PeFi - Spelling words with STuPid CApitaliZation is extremely idiotic. Quit it, or I'll see the need to edit your posts to hell, back, and beyond.

is it just me, or does utorrent use more than the specified bandwidth that you allow it to? im assuming its overhead, but sheesh.. when i put it at 90kb/sec max up, i see it go like 130 which lags the crap out of me :T

anyone else experience things like this?

cool ;)

the goal is reached !-)

thx 2 'useless flames' & 'hijackers' ?-)

btw: user-opinions are allways potential 'flames & co.' in other eyes ;-/ but thats the the nature !-)

'fights' & 'advertisings' about features are the results of an incredible upcoming torrent-client :-)

'Repetitive Strain Injuries' (RSI) :(

are the consequences ;-(

http://www.rsi-online.de/

http://www.rsi-online.de/download/1321006.PDF

therefore:

- why clicking if looking is possible?

- AND: statusbar is NOT overloaded now...

btw:

- i'm near 50 AND i've HUGE problems with my left mouse-finger ;--(((

- AND: it's superfluous to say that many young peoples will have same troubles in the near future ;-/

its called a shortcut, or a small feature that makes things a little easier. i dont think the almighty azureus would have implimented it if it wasnt a wise decision.. no wonder you are just a "Member."

I don't understand the 'member' comment, but most of us consider Azureus bloated and that's why we use µT. Things such as the "Swarm" view in Azureus are generally not considered 'wise decisions'.

"i dont think the almighty azureus would have implimented it if it wasnt a wise decision.."

Do you REALLY want us to start listing the hoardes of useless features implemented in AZ ?

do you really want me to name off all the people who use AZ? the thing that kills AZ is the java, NOT all the features that attract swarms of users..

One thing I would HATE to see is Utorrent become all bloated with feature-creep like AZ is.

If you need the fancy crud, use AZ, but if you want a lean, clean, core-torrent app, Utorrent is where its at. Why ruin a good thing?

Heck, I'm not even sure I like that they added Unicode and the overhead it needs.

Archived