No incoming connections!!!!

pricey

Hello any1 and every1, for months ive had no problems with utorrent at all but all of a sudden its playin up, its says i have no incoming connections (i have looked through the forums and im not the only 1) my modem or router is a netgear Adsl2+modem DM111PSP (thats as it is shown on the back) ive tried everything i can think of, i can still download torrents it just takes that little bit longer dont suppose any kind enough person could help...please

ive looked through the forums and ultimus's post and i found nothing that can help

i have windows firewall that is turned off i use norton internet security 2006, i went through that thinking that may be the problem so i deleted utorrent from the rules list then created a new rule for it, i even disabled norton completely for a few hours, still doesnt work, Error! Port 65301 does not appear to be open (ive tryed using different ports) im not sure wot you mean by "Have you set a static IP outside the DHCP range" i dont understand (im not thick or anything i promise) i can access my modem/router and theres a tab for PORT FORWARDING its got a couple of tabs 1. pre defined(then its got a list of things music,games,messaging,vpn etc), then theres a tab next to it, camerades, GNUtella, soulcast, Kazaa, istream, video2hp, real player, windows media, then its got FROM Internet Host IP Address ( all/single/subnet) and FORWARD TO Internal Host IP Address: under that its got user defined protool (tcp,udp or both 2gether) then thers 2 collums 1.EXTERNAL PACKET port start - port end. then theres FORWARD TO INTERNAL HOSTt port start/port end.

Like i said its worked fine for months then all of a sudden its stopped, i even stupidly thought that i might be because i havnt seeded all my torrents (7 in every 10 i do seed) i can still download stuff its just soooo slow (about 25kbs)

Im sorry theres SO much information to read and do very much appreciate you giving a hand in help, i just dont wanna miss anything out, thanks again....

Since it was working fine earlier and is only giving problems lately, I guess it must be some software that's been installed or hardware (setting) changed...

Before we try anything else, can you temporarily uninstall (not just disable) Norton Internet Security 2006 and check?

Thanks ever so much 4 your help mate but i think its fixed, i was downloading sum jimmi henderix and the yellow triangle went green, my download speed shot from 24kbs to 300kbs, i dont wanna temp fate and say its fixed because i dont hav ANY luck, goes to show that there is decent people on the planet, thanks again...

• 1 year later...

Hello to all that's reading this, I'm pretty new to this and wondered if it was possible that you could help me please, or anyone come to think of it. The thing is, I have this same problem as above with my Net-gear ADSL2+ modem DM111PSP, I'm not sure how you go about enabling this upnp port mapping. can somebody please help me as I would be so grateful and I promise to seed all of my torrents for as long as I can.

Archived