slow connection speeds

e_p_a_k

when using utorrent on my desktop, utorrent gets pretty good speeds as well as the green connection circle. but when using the same connection on my laptop running vista home premium, utorrent would be getting very slow connection speeds and i'd get the red connection circle. i've followed the connection optimization guide, i've allowed my port through my firewall (i'm running norton 360), but the port checker says my port does not seem to be open. my halfopen is set to 8, my modem is a dareglobal db108 adsl2 with a 386kbps DSL connection. speed guide settings: upload limit 35 kbps, connections: 80, max active torrents: 3, max active downloads: 2, upload slots: 4, connections (global): 230. connection type: xx/384k. also, dslreports shows that my download speeds are at around 200+ kbps, and upload speeds are at around 70+/- kbps, but says that i have ISP upload compression.

i also have no idea whatsoever how to forward ports. portforward.com doesn't have my modem listed there.

the modem is only connected to one computer at a time.

update: i'm editing this now from my desktop using the same internet connection. i just transferred the cable from my laptop to my desktop. it says the connection is working as it should be, and i'm getting pretty good speeds. the desktop is running windows xp and does not have a separate firewall installed. so i'm assuming the problems on my laptop are coming either from vista or from norton 360. as i said above, i've already allowed the port through my norton 360 firewall using one of the other threads in the firewall settings forum.

but on my desktop its set at 384 kbps, and it still shows the green circle.

and yes, even with 360 disabled on my laptop, i still get the red circle.

maybe its vista?:o

edit: strange. on my desktop, it says that the port isn't open. but i get the green circle anyway.

But the thing is switeck iw as getting atleast 100 and max of 190 kb/s then my utorrent crashed cause i tried some patching and it has never been the same and altered my settings a bit but still not working but thankx xx/256k works way better than it was previously get 40kbs/s but i should be getting more though.. if ne more suggestions please let me know thanx.

Archived