Lag Time And Hackers

dlqvist

So you can't program utorrent to take lesser resources than it already use, without sacrificing speed, for low-end computers? I mean when I download a file from my browser it takes minimal resources, so why not?

I'm using a compaq which I bought new 2 years ago

AMD Sempron

512 MB ram

I use comodo firewall pro, by the way.

Scanned with avira antivir, (e scan, kaspersky, f-secure with browser scan) trend micro(browser scan), ad-aware and spybot. It still lags.

dear people what a great shame that you have initiated a great program for sharing files only to be thwarted by morons.When your movie doenload page came up with some free movies I was grateful to you for supplying them on your website...onlyto find that within the first ten minutes of downloading them using u torrent I WAS ATTACKED 8 TİMES..is this for real.Why bother with all this nasty stuff everyday it is surely easiear to go and buy the movies..rather than try to get your free offers at the cost of my computer life...yes I do have all the anti,s onboard..but will not trust to your program anymore..Sorry you have lost another customer...tj

Okay, I can't hardly stand to see the stupidity and e-retardation running rampant and unchecked in this thread. Do I have to come in here and open a can of whoop-n00b?

Let me quote a few pieces of disgusting retardation...

"the hackers"

"... take over my mouse arrow"

"Sounds more like your computer is not powerfull enough to run p2p and firewall at the same time."

"...for low-end computers? [...] a compaq which I bought new 2 years ago"

"Scanned with [...] It still lags."

"When your movie doenload page came up with some free movies..."

"...within the first ten minutes of downloading them using u torrent I WAS ATTACKED 8 TİMES..is this for real."

These are golden lines of blatant retardation, and a shining example of everything wrong in society.

edit: Now if you'd LIKE, I can start providing some real help here, in the form of verbally kicking some retard ass and setting some facts straight. But if the n00bs never even bother to come back to check the topic... why bother?

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 96.92

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 480 Sessionshanteraren i Windows NT Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 548 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 576 Inloggningsprogram för Windows NT Microsoft Corporation

services.exe 620 1.54 Tjänst- och styrenhetsprogram Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 780 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

svchost.exe 792 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 868 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 932 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 988 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1072 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

spoolsv.exe 1264 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

sched.exe 1632 Antivirus Scheduler Avira GmbH

avguard.exe 1680 Antivirus On-Access Service Avira GmbH

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 1732 Apple Mobile Device Service Apple, Inc.

cmdagent.exe 1744 Comodo Agent Service COMODO

alg.exe 2316 Application Layer Gateway Service Microsoft Corporation

iPodService.exe 3124 iPodService Module Apple Inc.

svchost.exe 2664 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

lsass.exe 632 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 1460 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

explorer.exe 1580 Utforskaren Microsoft Corporation

jusched.exe 180 Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc.

hpsysdrv.exe 144 hpsysdrv Hewlett-Packard Company

atiptaxx.exe 188 ATI Desktop Control Panel ATI Technologies, Inc.

ALCXMNTR.EXE 204 Realtek Audio - Event Monitor Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

kbd.exe 212 KBD EXE Hewlett-Packard Company

hpwuSchd2.exe 344 Hewlett-Packard Product Assistant Hewlett-Packard Co.

cpf.exe 360 COMODO Firewall Pro COMODO

avgnt.exe 372 Antivirus System Tray Tool Avira GmbH

QTTask.exe 380 QuickTime Task Apple Inc.

iTunesHelper.exe 388 iTunesHelper Module Apple Inc.

realsched.exe 420 RealNetworks Scheduler RealNetworks, Inc.

GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe 440 GoogleToolbarNotifier Google Inc.

ctfmon.exe 456 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation

procexp.exe 1668 1.54 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals

TeaTimer.exe 2176 System settings protector Safer Networking Limited

soffice.exe 3824 OpenOffice.org 2.2 OpenOffice.org

soffice.bin 636 OpenOffice.org 2.2 OpenOffice.org

Many of the intrusion detections are likely your software firewall overreacting.

Unless these "intrusion attempts" are happening on service ports for other services on your machine, you can ignore them.

Any incoming connection that is aimed at uTorrent's listening port which your firewall flags as an intrusion attempt is your firewall overreacting.

hello

alot of those processes you dont need and you should take them off, from the registry

learn how too change and alter your startup from , the registry from the run section

WARNING

dont edit unless you know what your doing, you can mess you entire pc up.

:example:

HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run

most of your processes you dont need can be deleted from there

know your pc

It's far better for n00bs to use MSConfig or startup manager programs rather than go mucking about in the registry, or else we'll soon be seeing flames blaming us for mucking up their systems!

Warning: All registry edits carried out at your own risk!

P.S. Why the heck don't people go complain at the site where they found the 'movie doenload page' (sic) eh? People get ripped off somewhere else, then come here just to complain - amazing. 'Sorry you have lost another customer' :lol::rolleyes: Since none of us here are 'customers' of uTorrent, that's pretty funny!

just a quick reply to falcon 4..some people do reply to messages.Dont know what you mean about retards..but would think that because some people are new to the u torrent process..you have a right to service your attitude..in public..or maybe the word moron apllied to a tender part of your heart.N o harm intended but would appreciate some real enlightenment from a respectful person..thanks..tj

shorn,

You say you were "attacked 8 times", yet we don't know what you mean by attacked without far more information. MOST firewall programs incorrectly report incoming traffic on µTorrent's listening port as "hostile", especially if not configured correctly and/or µTorrent isn't running. That's almost certainly not the least bit hostile.

Anything you download using µTorrent (or even Windows Internet Explorer for that matter) should be scanned for viruses and spyware before you run it. The internet is a dangerous place for your computer. So if you download a virus or spyware with µTorrent...just remember µTorrent only did what you told it to do.

dlqvist,

It may be all the dissimilar media-related programs running in the background constantly that's causing your slowdowns. Have you made sure Avir GmbH's software firewall isn't conflicting with Comodo's software firewall? (By disabling or even uninstalling one while testing the other.)

As far as I know, GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe is at least adware...if not full-blown spyware. It probably isn't doing your computer any good to be running it, so unless you use it...you may want to uninstall it.

TeaTimer.exe could also indirectly be to blame for the slowdowns -- if any other program on your computer is RAPIDLY trying to change system settings and you've not allowed it to in TeaTimer then TeaTimer (at least at times) will be in a little "war" with that program...and your system may lag while they're fighting it out.

*cracks knuckles* Okay, let's get down to business. Respectful is nothing to be mentioned... when I have some cans of whoop-n00b to open up, they get opened up. I don't need to be hearing all kinds of stupid things like "attacking my computer!" like some piece of shit firewall software is actually telling you something true, let alone gospel.

Now I'll go over these quotes one at a time.

"the hackers"

HACKERS are people that take their computers, turn them inside out, tweak the shit out of them, put them all back together, and have 5 year old PCs that run circles around the shit you buy off store shelves today. Hackers poke at known people's computers from afar to day "hey, you've got little problems here". Hackers hate the world as much as the next guy, and some (like me) look down on the n00bs of the world like annoying little brats, but are at least willing to help. Now, CRACKERS on the other hand, are just the people that would love to make everyones' lives a living hell, set up scripts to crash computers, steal information, etc etc etc... there are more CORPORATE crackers (adware/spyware/malware makers) than there are plain crackers (script kiddies) out there today - because the corporate ones get paid to steal the average joe's information. In general, the word "THE" cannot be applied to "hackers" because there is no single universal "hackers" entity to be addressed - and if there were, you sure wouldn't know about it. ;-)

The only thing taking over your mouse arrow is that goddamn piece of shit optical sensor I'm sure you have on your mouse. By "taking over your mouse arrow" do you mean, you're moving the mouse in one direction and it stops, or goes another? If a cracker/malware/trojan wanted to get into your computer, they wouldn't do it by moving the mouse. Optical mice suck balls and aren't reliable unless they're on a perfectly designed surface, typically of cloth. So try using a cloth mouse pad or something, and your mouse will stop jumping around.

"Sounds more like your computer is not powerfull enough to run p2p and firewall at the same time."

A 200mhz Pentium-MMX might have a hard time running P2P software through a firewall, but anything made in the past millennium should be just fine to run uTorrent through a firewall, provided it's not some shit like Norton, Symantec, or McAfee. Or any other current crop of bullshit "protection" software that's about as effective as using a napkin for a condom. My advice? If you have a router (you know, a little box with 4 or 5 ports on the back for computers), uninstall the shit out of that bullshit "protection" software. It's only slowing down your computer and producing BULLSHIT warnings about BULLSHIT "intrusion" "attacks" that don't even exist.

"...for low-end computers? [...] a compaq which I bought new 2 years ago"

News flash, cock for brains: A 2 year old computer is NOT "low end" nor does it require any special provisions for "slow" or "old" computers. My 40mhz 386 with 16mb RAM does (it can't run uT 1.6 or above, so I used 1.5 on it). Actually, your 2 year old Cumpaq is probably more powerful than today's Vista-loaded crapfest PCs, thanks to corporate logic. Just get more RAM, for the love of god - 1.0gb is all you need, and all you should have. Dump an extra 512mb stick in it, and be happy (1gb = 1024mb). Then disable your page file. Good boy.

"Scanned with [...] It still lags."

Okay, let's get this one out of the way. "LAG" is a term used in gaming to say that "hey, my screen is stuck" or "I don't see anyone moving...". Lag means that your network connection died or is having a senior moment, or that your computer hung up for a second causing your screen to stop moving. LAG does not mean "my computer is being slow because of all these ball-and-chain protection software tied to my computer". If your computer is being slow, it's called "being slow", not "lag". So, "It's still being slow". As for "scanned with...", well, put it this way. Scanning isn't going to find anything, fix anything, or make anything faster - if anything, the resident protection of the program you just scanned your computer with is making it all slower. If you've ever installed more than one antivirus program, and never uninstalled it, chances are, the two programs are BOTH scanning all your files with their resident programs, and making your computer run slower than a frozen molasses factory. Get rid of the fucking virus scanner programs! They're only helping the companies' wallets.

"When your movie doenload page came up with some free movies..."

*fuuuuume* You know what? I just want to punch you. Over the internet. In the face. Hard. With a baseball bat. uTorrent is a PROGRAM that FACILITATES the COLLECTION of a set of BITS, guided by little ".torrent" files you download from OTHER SITES. uTorrent does NOT provide ANY ".torrent" files at ALL. Other sites may allow you to download uTorrent in order to make use of THEIR ".torrent" files, like the site you PROBABLY paid to get onto (pay2leech is the SCUM OF THE INTERNET), but uTorrent did NOT CHARGE YOU MONEY. uTorrent didn't even GET a cent of any money you were probably charged either. Besides, if you want MOVIES, blockbuster.com has a really great deal: all the movies your computer can copy, mailed to you (and you can trade-in each mailed disc for an in-store rental too), for only like $9 a month. Or something like that. Blockbuster kicks ass.

"...within the first ten minutes of downloading them using u torrent I WAS ATTACKED 8 TİMES..is this for real."

"U TORRENT"? No, YOU do not TORRENT. You LEECH. And I hope you rot in hell for it. NO, DUMBSHIT, you were not ATTACKED, your stupid FIREWALL program said "OHMYFUCKINGGOD someone's trying to CONNECT to me on some RANDOM port, ZOMG!" and said "OMFG ATTAX!". You wonder why my computer doesn't run any antivirus, antispyware, OR FIREWALL software? Because it's all BULLSHIT. Those "ATTACKS" are just people trying to connect to your torrent client so they can share information. Your bullshit FIREWALL software is preventing uTorrent from working properly. I hope it, too, rots in hell. And your grammar makes me want to punch a baby.

Okay, that's about it for me... hope a few kiddies learned something today. =P

Actually it's an ordinary mouse, and I wasn't in contact with it, when the arrow moved.

Please make utorrent more cracker(script kiddie) safe in the next release.

Word of advice: Your obviously too entrapped in your ego, you need to free your consciousness.

The sleeper must awaken. Know thyself.

In life, the only thing of importance is a radical, total and definitive change. The rest, frankly, is of no importance at all.

dlqvist: I won't write such a long response like the previous poster but I do have to say most members reading your post are probably giggling. Please try to understand the following

We aren't denying the symptoms you experienced

We ARE denying the cause of those symptoms

Utorrent isn't the root cause of your problems. You may have got infected with malware (a virus/trojan/rootkit) from a torrent file you downloaded using Utorrent but that was initiated by you. I won't say Utorrent is bug free but what you describe is nearly impossible.

If an exploit existed in utorrent that allowed someone to remotely control your PC I can guarantee you the developers of the software would know in a very short amount of time and begin working on a patch.

"Please make utorrent more cracker(script kiddie) safe in the next release."

As far as I know, µTorrent is safe from script kiddies.

However, it is not idiot-proof!

There are numerous settings that if you put them too high for your connection, your connection and/or computer may overload and do strange things.

But your problems sound worse than that, so more than likely you've just got some kind of malware you need to get rid of fast. For that, you need antivirus/antispyware/system diagnostic tools...not a 'bugfix' for µTorrent.

yes well as I said f4...attitude problem..hope you get over it.T he downloaded free movie site is as the bottom of the Beginners guide to Bit torrent..yes there at the bottom it says..DOWNLOAD FİLMS FREE...and is signed by ignorantcow...so I cannot be halucinating on hash...thanks for all your comments will try to be a good boy..especially around punched babies?

"There are numerous settings that if you put them too high for your connection, your connection and/or computer may overload and do strange things."

I guess that could be one part of the problem. I've had a 100mbit broadband connection and now a 2mbit I didn't notice that much of a difference in speed when using utorrent, so I left the setting at 100mbit. It would take a lot of time to download many files with another setting.

"Your firewall just sucks."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1969207,00.asp

Would you recommend another firewall that is better, just as user friendly and free?

Archived