Weird CPU usage

HoochieMamma

Hi everyone, after going to 1.2.1 I seem to have some CPU usage problems wich causes my mouse to lag quite badly.

I have KAV 2006 beta + Peerguadian 2 + uTorrent running and uTorrent seems to eat around 30-40% and somtimes spikes to 70-90%.

If I disable KAV + Peerguardian 2 it doesn't make a difference, so it's a problem with uTorrent somewhere. I haven't changed any settings and kept pretty much everything on default.

Anyone else having such a problem? Or know anything that could rectify it? I only have 3 torrents running and this was never a problem for me before.

yep - I had the same problem, I just knocked back the number of upload slots per torrent and the number of Global connections....knock this back until your PC works smoothly. I still get the occasional minute where the mouse would just not move and the PC crunches - but this is only rare since I changed to these settings.

It's to be expected. ;) Hard disks are slow creatures by nature, there's only so many things you can tweak & optimize before reality sets in and you realize that laws of physics have their limit. Once this limit is reached there's really not a lot you can do, other than switch to solid state storage for a little more boost or hope that one of those many new technologies (holographic disks etc.) make their way to a PC dealer near you soon... :/

Archived