my fix for uTorrent suddenly not working

firejack007

I was using uTorrent just fine. I went to download a torrent one day and nothing worked. It would stay red and never work. I then remembered that at some point I had upgraded to the next version. I went thru all the setup steps again even making a static ip. The speed guide said everything would work fine. So I went to download and no change, nothing worked. I found an older version of uTorrent (1.61) so I tried that. Everything started working immediately. So my fix is not to upgrade to 1.7.1

yes you're right. I made two errors. I do have 1.7.2 and I used the wrong terminology. But the process did yield some insight. My older version was setup on a different port. I changed ports and reused 1.7.2 and things seemed to download ok but slower. The speed guide doesn't show this port as ok but seems to be working.

I have a similiar situation: I didn't use uTorrent for more then a month, and today I accepted the upgrade to 1.7.2. And now nothing works, no connection. I am trying to upgrade again ("check for upgrades") but all I'm getting is an error message: "Unable to contact uTorrent update server."

Any idea what went wrong? And how can I fix it?

Can you try forwarding the port used by uTorrent and removing and recreating all firewall rules for uTorrent once again?

Re. the upgrade, it won't upgrade since 1.7.2 is the latest version. The error though might be 'cos the upgrade server is down. Happens sometimes.

Archived