utorrent crashes all the time

speranza

Hello

I have just downloaded torrent 1.7.2 and it crashes all the time. I have just updated my internet provider to a higher speed. Plus when it is open to download several items, my internet connection gets very low. I was hoping that you might have an answer to my problem.

Thank you

I am very confused about the settings. I have done speed test but when I choose the closest speed to the result it goes very slowly. The best option is xx/100Mbit. I have symantec antivirus and spy emergency 2005. I don't know what OS means. Sorry I feel very stupid with this program I don't seem to understand how I can make it work.

Thank you

The download speed is 390kb/s and the upload speed is 460kb/s. I have Windows XP. I have also checked the port and it never seems to be open although I am using the one my provider tells me. There is always that yellow triangle. Maybe you are right and all these problems are caused by Symantec. Do you think I should try a different antivirus system rather than Symantec?

First thing to do would be to uninstall Symantec. THEN worry about getting something better. * > No AV > Symantec.

(For the noobish, "*" means "anything" or "wildcard" in PC terms - so "* > No AV > Symantec" means "Anything is better than no antivirus, which is better than Symantec". That applies to Norton too.)

Archived