Missing manual/broken link

Timwi

Help File (as labeled on the download page). No bug.

Granted, the link could be labeled more consistently, but really, you should probably look around a bit more before considering this or that a bug (or at least ask first before determining yourself that something is a bug?). This makes it the 4th (?) or 5th (?) "bug" thread of yours that isn't actually a bug. Whatever, ignore that. I'm feeling a bit low on patience today, but probably shouldn't be taking it out on anyone xD

That said, I've bugged the administrator about it.

I understand your reaction, however please look at it from my point of view: I pressed Ctrl+F to search for "manual" and there wasn't one. Despite the fact that there's the link as you mentioned, this is reason for concern, because if I didn't find it, then likely others won't find it either! In that sense, it is a "bug" - a usability bug. Please do not downplay the value of bugreports of this nature.

You say that I should ask first before considering something a bug. However, I am not posting here because I have a question but because I have a problem. If I don't understand something, then sometimes it's because I'm stupid, but often it's because the UI is bad, misleading, confusing or unintuitive; so far all of my reports (except for the thing with the write lock) were an example of the latter, and even after knowing what I could have done differently, I would still recommend fixing it. I even gave specific suggestions for fixing some of the issues I brought up, but unfortunately your colleague DreadWingKnight likes to be rather dismissive of such suggestions.

Archived