Netgear WGT624 port forward problem

wylstar

Hi,

Am getting very frustrated. Had working on Belkin router, from cable modem. Transfered router to netgear WGT624 to increase from 54MBps to 108. Now cant seem to port forward.

I have XP SP2 and have added utorrent to firewall. I have unchecked randomise port in utorrent, and checked add to firewall.

I set it up in router GUI at 192.168.0.1 for port 38538. I have set up static ip at 192.168.0.136. After I enter details and 'apply', it registers the port forward, but utorrent check does not pick it up!

I have tried with checking and unchecking upnp. (Also, may be a netgear problem but router does not seem to be able to 'turn on' upnp!).

Any ideas would be very helpful. Thank you.

To be honest I'm not sure how to find out. I got the ip from www.portforward.com

In run: cmd/ipconfig /all it says 'DHCP is not enabled' if that helps. Also my routers web page says 'DHCP: DHCPClient, and LAN Port DHCP is on.

Some more info: Routers web page says I have a WGT624 Hardware Version 3, firmware V4.1.11_1.0.1, BUT the router says its a Version 2 on its case?!? Could that have something to do with the fault? Wrong firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Archived