problem with moved downloaded files

dhsack

I've seen similar posts here, but the solutions have not helped me. I recently moved my downloaded torrents to a larger external HD to free up space on my internal HD; I did so by simple cutting and pasting of the complete folders containing the torrents. In the uTorrent 1.6 window, the files now show red X's. Trying to reseed those files results in error message "files missing". I tried reassigning a new location for a dozen of the files and then did a Forced Re-check, but all that did was start each download over again with "0% downloaded" showing. I still have many torrents with red X's and don't want to mess them up as the first twelve. How can I get uTorrent to recognize my completed downloads are on a new HD? I don't want to give up my good ratios and would like to be able to reseed the torrents I have. Thanks!

Installed 1.7.2; sorry about submitting problem with older unsupported version. However, the situation remains the same. Triple-checked the download location and it is correct; not recognized by uTorrent as having the moved files. I just downloaded a NEW torrent and it went fine; currently reseeding the same torrent and all looks ok. My problem is with the previously moved files; would appreciate any more insight. Thanks again!

Yes, I am. In the open uTorrent window, I right click on a torrent marked with a red X --> Advanced--> Set Download Location -->Browse for folder -->select NEW external HD folder labelled "Bittorrent" (the new location to which I moved my torrents). Now when I right click on the torrent --> icon changes to "inactive" (grey octagon with white circle) and the Done column shows "0%" instead of "100%". If I now click Start -->torrent starts downloading again from the beginning. Doing a Forced Recheck --> no change.

For what its worth, right clicking on any of the torrents that I changed the Download Location -->Open Containing Folder --> DOES show the torrent in the new location to which I had moved them! It would appear that uTorrent cannot "see" the files are there complete, ready to be reseeded.

I think I'm missing something here, but darned if I know what it is. Thanks for your continued help and appreciate any additional advice. Sorry if I'm beating this thing to death, but I'd really like to make my downloaded shows available to others again.

Archived