Corrupt file after power shortage...

sabonis

While downloading a video file if there is a power shortage or somehow the PC freezes, I restart the computer, utorrent checks the file starting from 0% and then gets on downloading.

but when I'm watching the video I see that there are a few scenes that the video skips 2 seconds of the content.

anyway to prevent this from happening? I mean does my utorrent have a problem, that it can't check the file probably while checking?

oh and I'm sure that the original file isn't corrupt.

thanks in advance...

Once uTorrent is done re-checking the files and then it gets to 100% properly, then the files should not be corrupted unless they were originally that way. Did the power outage occur after the file was downloaded fully and was possibly being accessed, as that may have corrupted it and uTorrent has nothing to do with that...

You should be more worried about the power shortage than anything, especially considering the fact that your post seems to imply that it happens regularly.

Once your computer shuts down abruptly, anything and everything is in the air and can get corrupted. If something does get corrupted, there's nothing we or µTorrent can do about it. If force recheck detects corruption, let it redownload. If it finishes, force another recheck to be sure. If it says it's fine, then it downloaded it properly. If the problem persists, it's none of µTorrent's business.

Archived