I can't change the yellow triangle from utorrent

speranza

On the utorrent there is always a yellow triangle and I can't change it. When I perform the utorrent port checher it says that the port doesn't seem to be open although I am using the right one according to my internet provider. I have uninstalled Symantec Antivirus. How can I perform portforward? The site portforward.com says that I have to buy the program. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I am having the same problem. utorrent says no incomming connection, but I have been successful in downloading torrents.

I have been to portforward.com and followed their suggestions about manually changing my settings on my Netgear router to allow port 29578 to passthrough.

I have firewalls disabled in Windows XP Professional/sp2. I am using Norton's Network Security 2007 as my antivirus/firewall protection. I do not know if I need to set any parameters in Norton's and, if so, how to set them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Woodman

Nephilim,

I have done as you suggested to Speranza, and have the same yellow triangle indicating that I do not have any incoming connection. However, as I write this, I am experiencing downloading on five different torrents, from .2kb/s to 7kb/s. I don't understand.

Norton's Protection Center 2007, on my personal firewall setting, under the Trust Control informs me that the gateway physical address 00 18 4D 1F 7E C2 is active and in my trusted list. Is this the address for utorrent, and if so, why do I have the yellow triangle saying that I don't have an incomming connection?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Woodman

Archived