Multiple Copies Starting?

WLGades

In what places can I figure out that uTorrent is being started from? When I startup WinXP, I get a "uTorrent is already running" message, then it starts up. I think this is causing multiple copies to bind to the same port, which is causing incoming connections to fail. However, all I can see is the Options -> Preferences box for "start up system startup". There's no instance of utorrent in Programs -> Startup.

I didn't install utorrent, just used the standalone copy--is it possible to delete all the copies and re-download without losing all my torrents?

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\uTorrent

should be the correct path... not local settings. there's no more install version of utorrent as far as I know.

BTW, your name seems familiar. Are you the same WLGades from a lesser known underground community?

Ah, I'm an idiot, I somehow substituted the string incorrectly in my mind. Looking in that, I see various files including a settings.dat and resume.dat. Is the best way to try to fix this to delete all utorrent.exe files, redownload, and run it again?

Indeed I am. Not sure where you're from, though. :)

Archived