uTorrent 1.7.2 causing internet disconnects

dunkelsonnen

I've been using uTorrent for quite some time without any problems. Then around the time I upgraded to the newest version I am constantly being disconnected from the internet after I start uTorrent. None of my setup or settings where changed so I was just wondering what is different that is causing it. I've tried hooking up without my router, disabling the firewall, lowering the global max connections, tcpip patch, and other stuff and nothing worked. I really doubt that it is a problem with my modem or router. Its got to be a setting or parameter I would think. I can't get a green light even after I followed the guide to forward the port. Maybe that has something to do with it? I don't think that affected it before like this, though. But its downloading and uploading like normal until it suddenly drops off. One other thing is that after it has disconnected I go to device properties and try to disable and enable my network card and it all freezes up on me like the network card has stopped responding.

Does anyone have an idea what would be causing this?

I have a Zyxel EQ-660R DSL modem. ISP is Embarq. The modem is set to routing mode. (I can probably switch it to bridge mode if that helps) The router is a D-Link WBR-1310. My XP computer is connected through ethernet cable. It has worked before without disconnection problems with this setup.

Archived