No Incoming Connections (Yellow triangle)

Woodman

I have a yellow triangle on the status bar, indicating that I do not have any incoming connection. However, as I write this, the status bar indicates upload and download activity. I am wondering is my upload/download settings are correct. It takes many hours/days to dl a torrent. I have a dsl connection through BellSouth (Fast Access), a 2.5ghtz cpu, 2gb memory, and two 250gb hard drives.

Norton's Protection Center 2007, on my personal firewall setting, under the Trust Control informs me that the gateway physical address 00 18 4D 1F 7E C2 is active and in my trusted list. Is this the address for utorrent, and if so, why do I have the yellow triangle saying that I don't have an incomming connection?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Woodman

For The Nephilim: I have a NetGear RangeMax WNR-854T N router. I have set the router to allow port 29578, and have set utorrents to use that port and not to randomize ports at startup. However, if I set utorrents to randomize at startup, it does not make any difference. I still am getting downloads anywhere between .02 and 5.5. The yellow triangle is still present.

The modem is a Westell Modem #61 DSL supplied by BellSouth.

To desi: While I have not uninstalled Norton's Security Center 2007, I have shut it down, as well as Webroot's Spysweeper. That did not solve the problem.

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies. I am confident, with your help, we will be able to correct the problem.

Archived