I moved my torrent downloads folder.....

Asuka Jr.

In the process of replacing a hard drive that was dying, I moved my original torrent downloads folder, and now I can't convince uTorrent that the files I was up/downloading are still in the computer, but NOT at the original location. I went into settings and changed the folder to download to, and the folder to move completed files to, but I can't figure out how to tell it where the old files are... we're talking about a 159GB folder here, please don't tell me I have to move it again?!?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Quick second question: If I install a new version of uTorrent, and specify the folder location where all the downloads are currently sitting, will it pick up my seeds/downloads? And if it will, does (as I assume) the old version have to have been working before the new install for it to know where those files are (and their associated .torrents)?

I tried to do a forum search using the phrase 'moved my download folder' and got no relevant results, so I hope I didn't miss it in there somewhere, and with this question garner the wrath of the admin or oldtimers.... (^_^)

Thanks much for reading and trying to help(if you do)...

Ja ne!

Asuka Jr.

Upgrading µTorrent will not cause you to lose your list of torrents. If your old version was missing torrents, so will the new one.

As for moving data to a new location, you have to manually specify the folder for each .torrent using Advanced -> Set Download Location. The two folder options in the preferences are not retroactive.

Thank You VERY much! This and force re-check has fixed my problem, and once it is done re-checking, I should then be able to update to the newest version.

I really appreciate the quick response, and apologize if I should have been able to find the information myself. There is an awful lot of information (both problems and solutions) here, and frankly I usually find it a sentience-killing process to try to figure out what might be of some assistance to my problem.

Once again, thank you for the help, and please feel free to delete this thread if you think it is (or should be) unnecessary to keep up.

Till later!

Ja ne!

Asuka Jr.

Archived