Everything looks good but no downloads

bookieparlor

I'm an admitted newbie to torrent sharing but moderately tech savvy. I've followed all directions, carefully read the FAQ pages but can't figure out why my files aren't downloading. In the utorrent window under "Status" both downloads indicate "downloading". Under the "Name" label, both files have a red download icon in front indicating that they are active. Both files are around 800 MB but I have 0.0% under the "Done" label and that's after 4 hours of running! I'm using an XP OS and have a dsl connection. No error messages.

Do you see a green check-mark at the bottom of the window indicating that the network status is OK? If not, double-click the exclamation mark or whatever else you see and check your port forwarding status. Also run the Speed Guide and choose the proper settings for your connection.

Nope, got it figured out late last night. I'd mapped all the ports correctly for my router (2wire 2701HGB), corrected all my firewall settings as well as my APnP settings but still couldn't get the downloads to start. Finally, I discovered the problem in Norton - the firewall setting was deactivated but was still blocking my ports because I hadn't restarted my pc! Aaargh! Idiot!

Right, so i think I'm having the same problem. But I am not computer savvy really. I'm getting there, and i can follow instructions.Utorrent was working fine just a few days ago, and I cannot think what has changed, but now I have that little no entry sign in front of the download arrow. So really, I don't know what I'm doing. I need a guy to come and fix it really. But all my friends are away, or busy. So any help I could get on here, would be fab. Thanks.

A similar prob has happened to me all of a sudden my utorrent has stoped working, i have not made any changes it will not down load anything and is not uploading either, there is no icon on the bottom of the page of any type no green tick or yellow triangle, no type of error message has came up, the ports is connected ok as test said o.k., have upgraded to 1.7.2. and problem still there and have also removed and reloaded. can any please advise??

Archived