DHT Status: Waiting for announce, Availability = Red bar

KingCobra89

Hi,

Ive been using uTorrent for a while now and never had any problems. However now it won't let me download anything! Ive tried loads of different torrents and none of them work, i just get a big red bar next to avaliability.

The tracker status says working, and the DHT Status says waiting for announce.

I managed to download an album at about 3am today at speeds of 60kbps, but now i cant download anything.

Heres a little information.

ISP - BT

Router/Modem - Its this Thompsons Speedtouch330 that came with the BT package, i dont think its a router its just a modem thing, i dunno.

I also connect to the internet through another computer via LAN cable.

Again, ive had no problems before but i cant download.

One last thing, under speed guide i clicked on 'test if port is forwarded properly' and i got this message.

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 38974 on 86.149.52.142...

Error! Port 38974 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

I dont know if this is a problem, all i know is that yesterday i could download and now i cant. Ive checked the health of the torrents and most of them are green, but i still get no download speed.

Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Archived