Problem Port Forwarding with Speedstream 4100

microworlds

I'm having trouble with port forwarding for my Siemens Speedstream 4100. I read that it is a combined router/modem. I tried using the instructions on portforward.com, but the page they provided didn't match the page that I got. Will provide screenshot if necessary.

I set up my static IP and everything, and I tried going into Windows Firewall settings to configure the exclusions, etc. but I get an error message saying "Windows Settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" and when I click yes it says "Windows cannot start ICS." So I'm guessing Windows Firewall is disabled. I ran a spyware/adware/virus scan and fixed those problems, so I don't get why it won't open. Hmm. There is an option on the settings page called "remote access" that allows me to open a port for 20 minutes, and I use the port that utorrent provided me in preferences. I do the open ports test and it says ok the port is open. But it still lists download and upload speeds as 0.0 kb/s.

I asked one of my friends about my problems, and he said I could try to do the DMZ Host option, but cannot find the option anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Archived