Speed Guide/ Ports/Routers??? Help!!!!

granny

Please dont loose patience with me but.......Ever since I have upgraded to 1.7.2 I have had nothing but problems. This past few week has gotten worse I have not been able to DL anything at all....No matter what I try

1st.... last month the green tick at bottom gone!(use to have it all the time) yellow came but could still DL. Now it is blank nothing DHT: 0 nodes saying waiting to log in. DHT status waiting to announce. I have turned my window firwall off but kept AVG. Tried changing port over & over all has error according to speed guide. Now the for the real stupid question!!! In the bowels of my computer how or where can I find out what brand or kind of router I have, as I am reading I am to check my router???? Can anyone kindly help this blithering old lady without saying I don't belong here I have been using Utorrent for a while now & the problem seems to be compounding. Thanks Guys & Gals

If you have a router at all, it isn't inside your computer. It's a box between your computer and the modem box that connects you to the ISP...which connects you to the internet.

Sometimes the modem box is ALSO a router...and that's a real pain, because they're often not easy to configure.

Thanks for your reply.....Yup I have a box thing connected from the wireless server. It is kind of a hick server here in the central & rural part of British columbia/Canada Do I phone the server & ask them? the box says Tranzco Wireless with a model #. I looked it up on the lists but it's not there. What can I do to get Utorrent up & running again DHT says "not allowed" cant turn it on with rt click to properties to enable DHT as it is greyed.

Many torrents especially from private trackers do NOT allow DHT for those torrents.

...But that wouldn't prevent you from turning on DHT for everything else.

Being firewalled for UDP packets would though!

If you don't know what the box is, doubtful I could find out. You probably should call your ISP. Presumably, you've already checked their website. Serves them right for giving you so little info.

Well I am still having the same problem. I contacted my server They said I don't have a router the box just goes from my wirless dish to my PC. I havent been able to DL anything for the past two weeks no matter what it is. I have deleted Utorrent & re-installed. I can not do port forwarding because I dont have a router so I just try manually. According to my server I have not gone beyond my allowed monthly DL my speed is good & they have not done anything to prevent me from DL or seeding. (small town servers you can be more open with). So as it stands

...DHT has 0 nodes & no red, yellow or green tick & does not log in or waiting to log in.

...DHT status nothing but waiting to announce

...DL & UL "0" but lots in swarm everything in properties & preferences are properly ticked..

I just don't know what to do anymore The hours & hours I have spent on this I am ready to give up & go to AZ any more suggestions to help anyone PLEEZE!!!!! & thanks for the help.

Archived