copyright infringement

Steve12345

hi i use utorrent and i dl alot of stuff like movies music and i recently dl a movie and i recieved an email copyright infringement notice thing. And its kinda funny cus they sent it to my dads email and they threatned to take my cable away if i didn't reply and resolve the problem and whatever. but i was just wondering what can i do to make sure i don't get caught next time i have stopped dling torrents until i find something that will be safe. I heard of peer guardian but its not 100% safe its not foolproof. also i dled peer guardian and i can still get my ip so it doesn't work. And i even encrpypted my protocols forced in utorrent. But am i safe now or what can i do? Help?

There is no 100% safe method.

PG might reduce the chances but blocks a lot of valid people and most of us here do NOT recommend it.

These emails are usually scare tactics. If you don't live in the US you can flatly ignore these.

If your ISP threatens to close you down you can reply that you have no idea what that email is about you are not doing anything illegal or anything else that violates their agreements. Stay calm and pretend this is false.

NEVER admit to doing any illegal activity to your ISP. They have the right (often they wont over simple copyright infringement but why throw yourself at their mercy) to close you down (without refund and you have to keep paying until the end of your current term) on illegal activity and this email isn't proof. Your confession is. They aren't even acting on their own research into your activity, they don't have any proof themselves and they are believing a random organization who just sent them an email claiming they have proof.

Archived