Problems using uTorrent with Linksys WAG325N

Angmed

Hi, I'm attempting to use uTorrent (version 1.7.2), which requires me to establish a static IP address for my computer, then adjust my router to accept Port Forwarding for the IP address I have selected.

I have successfully established a static IP address, but could only find instructions for port forwarding for a WAG300N (http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WAG300N/Utorrent.htm). The interface for my WAG325N seemed similar though so I followed these instructions to set up the router to accept port forwarding and saved them (rebooting the router in the process).

However uTorrent is failing to connect to the net (even though my internet connection still works fine) and when I run the diagnostic tool it responds with the following: Checking port 27547 on 220.xxx.xxx.xxx... Error! Port 27547 does not appear to be open. Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Are there any steps that need to be included to successfully port forward the WAG325N? If not, any ideas what's going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

I set my static IP address to 192.168.1.138

I'm not sure what the DHCP range of my router is, though the DHCP server is 'enabled', the DHCP IP field is blank, the starting IP address is set at 192.168.1.100 and the maximum number of DHCP users is 50.

Changed static IP and router forwarders as requested, but no good I'm afraid.

As soon as I load a torrent the Tracker shows a solid red line in 'Availability'. Even though it's a torrent with a lot of seeds, the torrent registers 0(0) in the viewing pane. Needless to say, the diagnostic tool under the speed guide still says 'Error! Port 27547 does not appear to be open'.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2006. When it encounters a program that's trying to access the internet it should request a response from me; none asked for though. I've tried the OpenOffice Torrents at the link above and got the same result.

Archived