Is there a way of telling this?

Torrie

Ultima, no, I think not. Should we not rather discuss the merits of each suggestion, rather than summarily trashing it on the basis that it might cause a flood of more "superfluous" feature suggestions?

In this particular case, the feature will come in very handy whenever large torrent volumes are trafficked on mostly private trackers.

Sandstorming is going to kill heaping wads of private torrents (and utterly destroy ratio systems), particularly those of sites of particular interest for people located in geographical regions monopolized by single providers. With the landscape thus altered, focusing upon new features of main interest to private sites is akin to giving a sinking ship a fresh coat of paint as she's going down.

@Torrie: People have asked for µTorrent to monitor/log monthly bandwidth usage before. It was outright rejected. Why should this be accepted but not bandwidth monitoring? Your explanation of its potential use doesn't reveal much about its value. So you can see when you uploaded a certain amount... how is this useful, especially to private trackers? And I never "summarily reject[ed]" the idea; I provided my opinion, like you asked for.

Finally, re-read my previous post. I never once cited it possibly causing other "superfluous" features to be requested as being a reason not to implement the feature. There's a difference between mentioning something in passing and mentioning it as a reason for something. The only explanation I provided toward my opinion was the "superfluous" sentence -- that's all -- and it's a perfectly valid opinion, considering the fact that I personally don't see any real value in it.

And just for the record, features have been implemented in µTorrent before that I disagreed with; just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean it's absolute (hardly so). If you can see the value in your idea, then go right ahead and explain that to us more clearly; if a thread isn't outright locked, then there's always room for you to explain.

Archived