having many hashfails from a single user

tasso85

hi... i'm new to this community but I've been using uTorrent for a while, now I have a problem never noticed before:

I'm downloading my stuff using uTorrent, and for the first time I'm getting hashfails (I've never seen one until now :D)...

the fact is that about 17 of the 34 hashfails occured up to now (making me waste 141MB of data!) are caused by the same peer!!! but why? shouldn't uTorrent automatically ban that peer after the 5th hashfails? why is that one still in my peer list after 17 hashfails (well, now 18)???

how can I get rid of him? ok, I can use ipfilter.dat (and I will), but I also like to know why the peer hasn't being banned...

EDIT:

ehi! i wrote an ipfilter.dat to get rid of that peer, than placed it in the same directory where utorrent.exe is; then i checked that ipfilter was enabled in "preferences" (it was), and then clicked on "reload ipfilter" in the peers tab... but that peer is still there!!!

i checked the ip address many times, and i did write it correctly!

why isn't it working?

emh... here is a litter problem... in the utorrent.exe folder, i've only that file, the executable one! no settings.dat at all...

anyway, can you tell me why that peer hasn't been banned after more than 20 hashfails?

EDIT:

ok, moved the ipfilter.dat in the right folder... but that peer is still there, even after reloading ipfilter! help please...

ok trying... stay tuned for updates :D

EDIT:

it seems gone... still, I don't understand why that one hasn't been banned automatically after the 5th hashfail... does someone know? i wouldn't like to have to manually ban every peer which causes hashfails...

RE-EDIT:

damn! I don't know why, the ipfilter.dat is placed in the right directory, it is active and the ip is written correctly (I've checked it many times!)... but still, the peer which causes all those hashfails is still there!!!

please, help me! thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived