Utorrent speed problem

kcyyk

Actually I using utorrent was long time ago but I don't know why on this month my speed only have 20-30kb/s. Even I change so many setting in utorrent still get same low speed. Before my speed can up to 250kb/s. I using rogers for my isp. I can't this patient that, I try to use bitcomet. After I tune-up bitcomet setting my speed can go back 250kb/s.

If someone get low speed using utorrent on rogers try using bitcomet. Maybe you can get great result.

Of course depend your computer setting.

I still using 1720 and 1750 for port forward

Rogers ISP is notorious for throttling BitTorrent traffic, among other things -- such as encrypted traffic of ALL kinds!

They may have recently increased the throttling in your area, or started throttling you more due to you exceeding their arbitrary bandwidth usage limits.

I don't believe BitComet will get better results, but you're welcome to test it!

...good luck cleaning up the mess it leaves behind!

I am not lie. When I using bitcomet my speed can go back 250kb/s. I using rogers too. See my screen capture I can prove. Actually that two file I already finish to download from yesterday night, but I saw your message said you don't believe that I can get that speed so I download again. let you to see my screen capture. If you can't get that speed. That is your computer setting problem. I don't mind you believe or not.. I am happy can get that result :D

I post message there just give someone suggestion and report that.

PIC_1

PIC_2

Ok, you proved me wrong. However I only said surprised...not that it was impossible.

(OT:read the announcement above btw...)

Apparently Rogers hasn't figured out how to throttle BitComet as effectively as µTorrent, or for whatever the reason isn't in your area. BitComet uses its own encryption technique that's NOT compatible with any BitTorrent clients other than possibly BitComet clones such as BitLord. It seems strange that BitComet's encryption method that's roughly a year older than what µTorrent uses isn't throttled yet µTorrent is, but that's probably reality.

Another possibility is BitComet is using UDP NAT hole-punching techniques which means UDP traffic instead of the usual TCP traffic and that is another reason/possibility why it isn't getting heavily throttled. You'd need to check BitComet's peers list to see why kinds and types of connections are being made. An even more extreme possibility is only your outgoing connections (which likely will be on random ports between about 1000-5000) are not getting throttled, and then only the outgoing connections to BitComet clients -- which likely exist (on those 2 torrents) in sufficient numbers to reach the speeds you're seeing.

There may be nothing wrong with someone's computer if µTorrent doesn't work as well.

Nor is there anything wrong with µTorrent simply because it doesn't get great speeds on Rogers ISP.

However you may not have been using µTorrent to its fullest either.

BitComet uses a different encryption scheme called DHEv2 (they dub µTorrent/Azureus PE as "DHE" in BitComet). I seriously doubt BitLord is compatible with it. My guess? The only reason it hasn't already been throttled is because it's not as widely used as PE.

Archived