UTorrent specifics

balaniyer

I was downloading a Very big torrent file from a P2P site- audionews.ru which was about 3.38 GB. It was nearly on the verge of completion as it had downloaded 92 percent of the file. Suddently, today morning my computer crashed for some unknown reason. Taking note of this eventuality, I had kept the "Put New downloads"

and "completed torrents " in two different virtual drives and not in the System drive C. Hence, the downloaded bits and pieces are all there. Now I had to reformat my C drive and again install Windows XP. I then downloaded the latest UTorrent Client and and configured as per the original i.e. Put new downloads and completed downloads to the original drives which I was using before the crash. I also added the same torrent of the two downloads I was mentioning above. But when I started the internet, Utorrent started to download the whole file all over again. This would take me ages. IS THERE A METHOD OR WAY BY WHICH WE CAN MAKE THE UTORRENT RECOGNISE THE PREVIOUS QUANTOM OF DOWNLOAD OF a particular torrent and start downloading the last position, after a fresh windows install. I shall be very thankful to anyone who can help me. I have a very slow net connection, and it took me nearly a month to get nearly 3 GB downloaded and now only 0.38 GB remains and I just cant imagine downloading this all over again.

You may post your reply or send me an email on my address : at

iyer+_astro@yahoo.com

balaniyer61@hotmail.com

The Migration guide sent in reply to my posting was indeed Godsend. I followed the instructions and have also made a copy of the instructions and saved it. Now my torrent download has started from where it left off before my formatting reinstalling Vista. Thanks a million for the quick response. You are indeed a genius.

Archived