µTorrent 1.2.2

ludde

As for me it is best torrent client not for its ~100 Kb size (as for me it could be even 100 MB in it's size). I have loved it becouse it does not eat up tons of memmory, and it's simple GUI is also verry useful. I switched from azureus few days ago, and I was shocked that I didn't do it earlyer :)

KEEP IT UP!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sztosz: I agree. I love µTorrent simply because it does almost everything I could need from a BitTorrent client, and it does so with the greatest efficiency. It doesn't skimp on the features simply to keep the size down, but the size is still a plus. I'd use µTorrent even if it were 500KB (or whatever -- though I doubt it'll reach that size any time soon =P).

@Stan:

The extraneous stuff can already be disabled through the Preferences (DHT, ipfilter.dat), and "skinning" doesn't occur unless you place the tstatus.bmp/toolbar.bmp/certain-other-files in the %appdata%\uTorrent folder.

If they have to comment out enough lines/blocks of code, maintaining two versions *will* get tedious. Develop one of the versions and then check the diffs? You still have to copy the code changes back into the other version. It's more work than it's worth, especially at the rate that µTorrent is being released (it seems like one release every 1 to 2 weeks). There have been several requests by people to make (just as you requested) a "lite" and "full" version of µTorrent, and I *think* I recall the devs saying it's a no go.

well... If this were discussed before (I mean, if someone req something like this) and the dev say no, then we have nothing more to say...

Can you point me where was that discussed, just to see (I did a seach) how was it?

EDIT

I just found it...

rfabbro, is it so hard to move the download files from the complete folder to where ever you want them to be ;)

Not hard at all...! :)

Now that I moved the files... I need the "Relocate files" option to tell utorrent that the files are in this other folder. Get it?

Is there another way of doing it?

No, you have to move the folder, and point µTorrent to said folder with the set download folder option in the context menu.

Hi, Firon,

Well. I have to admit that now I tried again and it worked. Before posting my first message I had tried with another file and it didn't. So I guess the "set download folder" now does what "Relocate file" used to do, right?

Anyway, thanks and sorry for the confusion.

No' date=' you have to move the folder, and point µTorrent to said folder with the set download folder option in the context menu.[/quote']

Hi, Firon,

Well. I have to admit that now I tried again and it worked. Before posting my first message I had tried with another file and it didn't. So I guess the "set download folder" now does what "Relocate file" used to do, right?

Anyway, thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Might want to keep an eye out for a discrepancy I found with Set download location... in that when you are dealing with a file, you use the folder that contains it, but when you are dealing with a folder, you use the actual folder. In Azureus, it does the same for files, but for folders you point it at the folder containing the folder.

I cannot get it to seed either. It looks like it is overwriting the files... :/ I've tried it every which way I can think of. And I am fairly sure that it is overwriting the files, because other ways I did it actually recreated the folder structure of the torrent in other places - which it didn't this time. *shrug* Looks like I am going to have to use two BT proggies until I am finished seeding this file. Grumble.

Ok, looks like I solved it. What I had to do was say NO when it said that it and found an already downloaded copy and did i want to use that data. It then recreated the folder structure in my "in progress" folder. I stopped the torrent and then copied the completed torrent files into the "in progress" folder and then did a force re-check on the torrent in uTorrent and then started the torrent again. It's now seeding.

Soooo... It's good-bye Azereus and HEEEELooo uTorrent. ;)

Hi !

Am I missing something, or is there actually no way to view error messages ?

I see ways to make it notify you that something is completed (something that does not require my intervention), but no way to make it nofity you that something is wrong.

I wake up this morning and a torrent has a big red X, status "Error:..." (that's about the width of the column).

Logger is blank.

Tracker status: scrape ok (like other people who have posted, I find scraping of stopped torrents very useful - I've even recommended utorrent solely on the basis of that feature).

I hope that I've missed something and there is a command to make error messages visible.

@TheDude: Try dragging the status column line a little to the right. What is the full error message? You can also double-click the column border at the top to make it auto-fit. Do this when your cursor changes into an arrow that looks something like this: <-|->

If it says anything about Element not found, join me over at:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2869

-Ares

Archived