µTorrent 1.2.2

ludde

Seeding ETA already works fine in v1.2.2 as far as i can see.

I'm looking more at this, and I see the problem.

Since there is no checkbox on individual torrents to turn off seeding limitations (such as for torrents that you upload), then in order to prevent my uploaded torrent from stopping before people received it, I had to increase the % to an astronomically large number.

This made the ETA an astronomically large number and it looked like it wasn't working right, but actually it looks like the code is working correctly.

There are actually two different Seeding ETA's - one where you downloaded a popular TV show and you just want to seed to 100%, and it will show you how long that will take - that's the current code.

There is also Seeding ETA of how long it is going to take for another seed to appear - when you have uploaded a new torrent. This one is actually more crucial, since it tells you - for example - whether you are going to be able to turn off the PC when you go to bed, or alternately, how long before you can upload another torrent. Some other clients do have this "ETA of a second seed".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a check for a new version of ipfilter.dat with auto loading get added to 1.2.2 (build 345)? I just did an update to the file using BLM and was waiting for a torrent to finish and then reload µTorrent (I'm not going to turn it off and on in advanced settings as that would stop blocking while still running), but I found an entry in the Logger tab that says

[10:46:39] Loaded ipfilter.dat (90212 entries)

but also has blocked IP messages above it. However I haven't (yet - over two hours) seen entries below it in the Logger tab (which does happen on occasion).

Or is µTorrent playing tricks on me? Any dev care to comment?

Edit: I tried replicating what I thought was happening, and it didn't work. So, I guess µTorrent hiccuped and reloaded the ipfilter.dat file on its own. However afterward some entries showed that it is blocking, so at least that section of the program didn't crash. Or at least I hope not. :)

I'd still like to know why it did reload with no intervention on my part. Anyone else have this show up in thier Logger tab entries?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived