No network OK in µtorrent 1.2.2

hofshi

"Randomize port" is unchecked, exactly as it was on v1.2.1.

(I don't forward manually. I don't think I have a router, unless it is incorpotated into my ADSL modem).

Anyway, I didn't have this problem before, and I didn't change any options since the upgrade.

Might it be caused by the fact that none of my torrents are uploading at the moment?

all of them have 0(0) peers.

µtorrent had all the permissions in my firewall, but just in case, I exited µtorrent , removed µtorrent from Z.A., restarted µtorrent, and gave all permissions back to µtorrent.

I still don't get network ok, but if I do, I will update you.

The DHT seems to be working fine (don't know if that's relevent or not)

well if you have any idea that I can try, it will be greatly appreciated, cause I'm at lost here...

Edit:

BTW, in the status area of ZoneAlarm, It shows µtorrent as listening to the port I chose, so I'm not completely sure that it's a firewall issue.

I'm using Z.A. pro.

When Z.A. pro encounters an application that it has never encountered before (as it did after I removed µtorrent from its program list) it asks the user if the application should be allowed to access the internet, and whether it should be allowed to act as a server.

To both questions I replied "yes".

This is exactly the same procedure I've done for all the previous versions of µtorrent, and it always worked.

I really can't think of anything I did differently this time, except that now it's the only time that I was ONLY seeding when upgrading w/o any active download.

No, it just means that you can't always get full speed on most torrents with ANY clients. Speeds problems are typically not µTorrent's fault, it's generally either a hardware issue, or someone with a crappy firewall / bad firewall settings / no ports forwarded.

Sry I forgot to edit my earlier post as my uTorrent is showing Network OK in the status bar and is running fine. I cant understand why it refused to work for almost a week and only a few hours ago pulled its act together. I didnt change any settings so whats with uTorrent being so fickle.........

:)

I just think uTorrent doesnt display the "Network OK" message if you're only running very small swarms because it would be unreliable (dont quote me here, i could be wrong).

On the contrary, I think u hit the nail on the head....

So next time I'll just quote you......

:)

After I upgraded to 1.2.2, enable UPnP port mapping got checked in uTorrent (when it wasn't). It has happened on other upgrades but not consistently. Upon reading these posts you might want to check it, it's the sort of thing that might be playing a part on all this.

Archived