Utorrent 1.2.2 Download Speed

Muzy

Hello,

I m using Azureus as my default client. As I'm typing this letter my download speed using Azureus is max of 189kbyte after 15 mins of opening the file. I tested Utorrent with the same file and the same settings, it gave me:

1-upload speed is ok

2- download speed is between 20-33 kbyte after 20 mins of opening the file, I left it open for around 1 hour and no improvments with the download speed.

So I SWITCHed back to Azureus and BOOM!! my download speed is over 100kbyte after 10 mins

Utorrent is a great client, with its small size...etc

I hop from the developers to improve the downloading speed.

thank you.

-Muzy

damnit, when are people going to learn that YOU CANNOT MEASURE SPEEDS IN CLIENTS THAT WAY!?

The only correct way to measure speeds accurately, is to try a wide range of times and torrents, each with different settings, to see which one works best overall!

This approach is laughable really, come back and bash utorrent when you've got statistical proof!

Umm.. I'm assuming his Azureus and uTorrent are using the same port so that's probably not it. However, yeah, it's generally better to have a higher port that isn't well-known...

Port number should have no bearing whatsoever on application performance. The port number is an entirely arbitrary value as far as µTorrent should be concerned. It's like changing the icon on the shortcut to an application that doesn't work and expecting that to fix it.

in all honesty it doesn't matter much if it's above 10k. It's just 'recommended' to avoid using a common service port, or something.

But read my earlier post, I asked you several questions. ;)

this is getting confusing.. im not the one who started this thread.. so i dont think it me you should be asking questions? Dunno if its the bear im drinking or .. ??! hehe.. whatever.. here is a quote from the guy who started this thread.. maybe it clarifies this:

Hello,

I m using Azureus as my default client. As I'm typing this letter my download speed using Azureus is max of 189kbyte after 15 mins of opening the file. I tested Utorrent with the same file and the same settings, it gave me:

1-upload speed is ok

2- download speed is between 20-33 kbyte after 20 mins of opening the file, I left it open for around 1 hour and no improvments with the download speed.

So I SWITCHed back to Azureus and BOOM!! my download speed is over 100kbyte after 10 mins

Utorrent is a great client, with its small size...etc

I hop from the developers to improve the downloading speed.

thank you.

-Muzy

:)

Muzy: I would like you to try this torrent:

http://borft.student.utwente.nl:6969/file?info_hash=%18%F6%20s%FD%FA%DA%D5%91%86%94%10%DE%A5%8FV%B6%1Fi%A1

It's for OpenOffice 2.0.0 and it is known to max out your speed easily. If you get good speeds on this one, there is nothing wrong with your settings, it's just plain coincidense that you get faster speeds with Azureus.

If you don't get good speeds on this one, tell us how any seeds and peers you manage to connect to.

OK everyone..

basically i used to use bitcomet and blah blah blah it was slow greedy.. etc etc i changed to µTorrent 1.2.1 a week or so ago and was amazed it was lovely faster less greedy more feature rich etc etc cant say enough about it..

then today it wanted to update so i let it.. what a mistake..

explain it away and pretend its not happening if you like but something is seriously wrong in the 1.2.2 release before it worked wonderfully now if µTorrent is running and i try to start messenger or firefox or IE they dont work at all or work very slowly if i close µTorrent then open one of them they work fine then i start µTorrent and they run slowly if at all and µTorrent is downloading at like 8kbs uploading at like 1kbs whereas before i was getting tonnes more than that same config old version

is there an easy way to go back a version i dont really want to unistall and start again..

i use abc normally. and liek the post and a few others on this board. utorrent gives me slow speeds.

Every time I see one of these posts I sing my now famous song....

*cues music*

settings, settings, settings, oh how we must check our settings.........

It may not work well for you out of the box but if you dig into the settings im sure you will come up with something that works for you....I did.

Archived