U Torrent and Torrentbox

duster

Hi I am not sure I am in the right section for this, I am a 74yr old Gramma, and last thursday our wireless provider for our computers phoned to say if I didn't stop sharing files on either U Torrent or Torrentbox they would disconnect us, as he was being pressured by Shaw and would lose the ability of their radio towers if he didn't stop me.

I wrote and said I was sorry as this is the way he makes his living, but pointed out that there were thousands of folk using these sites all over the world and I couldn't see Shaw being able to stop them all!! Am I right---I have of course taken both sites off my computer but am a little sad that I will not be able to down load movies any more has anyone else had this problem??

Hi thanks for your answer my grandson said as my ISP is only a small one as our area is not overloaded with people he can track how much bandwidth his customers are using and I apparently happily downloading was using more than my share. Just have to go back to renting movies.

Archived