"Queued Seed" forever

Timwi

Sorry, but I really had to comment on this subject.

Telling a user how to manage his client instead of answering his question based on the assumption that he will spread his resources too thin is a little weak. You're assuming too much. Often torrents are inactive and other times the connection can handle much more than the limits the speed guide sets. Refusing to tell him how to alter it is just stupid, let him experience how it affects his client first hand instead.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with users who think they know the protocol and how it works, and yet demonstrate in their posts with their settings and connection information that they do NOT understand how it works.

I am getting increasingly tired of elitists deciding what is best for others knowing squat, generalizing without knowing about the specifics of a case. Learn to internet or don't at all.

The real problem that's often there is your router not being able to handle too many connections. If you use bit-torrent a lot you should always know how many it can handle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Refusing to tell him how to alter it is just stupid, let him experience how it affects his client first hand instead.
Spoonfeeding answers to people only serves to exacerbate the problem of users not having a ... clue. Making them actually do a little bit to find the setting that are best FOR THEM means the learn a little bit.

I can't tell you what settings are ideal for you and how you run your client, but I do know what is ideal for how I use it.

There isn't a "one size fits all" settings scenario, there ARE however plenty of threads, posts and at least one signature providing various settings that can be used as a starting point.

Spoonfeeding answers to people only serves to exacerbate the problem of users not having a ... clue. Making them actually do a little bit to find the setting that are best FOR THEM means the learn a little bit.

I can't tell you what settings are ideal for you and how you run your client, but I do know what is ideal for how I use it.

There isn't a "one size fits all" settings scenario, there ARE however plenty of threads, posts and at least one signature providing various settings that can be used as a starting point.

So in short.. we agree completely. People flat out refused to give him the tools to experiment to get the best settings for himself.

His complaints were not that well formulated, but that is another story. They should be able to tell what he wanted from what he wrote.

Archived