Utorrent starts...Internet Dies...

paulb100

Hi

I have had this problem a while and have checked everything and still cant find out why its doing it?

Basically...as soon as I start Utorrent my 2Mb slows to dialup if not slower...

This is outside of my peak hours as im reduced to 500Kbps 6-10.30Pm

I have just tested my line at www.speedtest.net and its running great at 2000Kbps...

Thats with utorrent on aswell (dpwnloading at 20KBs)...

However it seems as soons as i use uToz my browsers are just very slow at gathering the pages to load...?

also I notice that the torrents dont connect to many seeds (lot less than suppose to) and most of the time download slow...

Im almost sure there is some incompatibility here... I have winXP MCE and Utoz1.7 and the ports are fwd ok (i get green tick)

but as soon as i close utoz my pages load fast again???

why is this happening? and where can i get utoz v6 to try as i never had probs with that

I do all that anyway.. I oly download 1 torrent at a time and limit to 9Kb upload to maximize download...

so its never uploading more than 9Kb...downloads...well you know about those...

tried the global connections but doesnt work....

I go UTOZ 1.6 and its still the same...

µTorrent's half open connection rate can overload marginal networking software and hardware.

Also, µTorrent's UPnP, DHT, and find local peer features are hard on marginal networking software and hardware. You may need to disable ALL of that.

Ironically, doing so will probably improve your download/upload speeds as well as web surfing.

Archived