Amazing Code! You rock!!! Here is an Idea for a future project!

maynoth

I would love to see a minimalistic Gnutella1, 2, Ares Combo Client. Something like Shareaza except without Crap-Donkey. Imagine how insanely popular that would be... maybe after you take over the bittorrent scene which you will at your current development rate. You could look into making something like this...

Well I wish someone would write a minimalistic multi-client for Gnutella1, Gnutella2, and Ares.... With a nice gui... Shareaza's code is bloated beyond repair, even though it is the fastest of the Gnutella clients. Frostwire is ok for some stuff, but as far as search results and download speeds it cannot hold a candle to the bloated Shareazaplus.

ColdArmor,

Download Shareazaplus http://sourceforge.net/projects/shareazaplus

you can tweak it and get more power out of it than any other gnutella 1 & 2 client out there.

I max downloads almost always, and is usually faster than bittorrent.

having said that the code is bloated and bittorrent and edonkey support blow big goat nuggets.

You idiot, don't advertise that pos anywhere! Shareaza Plus is a known network killer, it is just a (poorly) hacked Shareaza and it truly does kill the network. It's like having a hacked version of utorrent that connects to 50 trackers at once and announces on all of them. Definitely useless and it will not give you better speeds, just hurt the network. Maybe that isn't the best example but you get the point. PLEASE do not use Shareaza Plus and use the official client. It's not slow, well it's not slower than Shareaza Plus and it conforms to all the standards and stuff so use that instead. There's a thread about this soewhere on the shareaza forums, just search.

Shareaza is a bit bloated and imo it should only connect to G2, Gnutella and possibly Ares (although that wouldn't really help). It is definitely NOT the next "Kazaa w/ torrent support", the gnutella networks (G2, Gnutella and Ares) and all very good networks and Shareaza is a great client, a very fast one too. It makes all the effort to remove bogus files and stuff like that from the network and the hashing algorithim is definitely better than Kazaa.

FrostWire imo is crap, it's just LimeWire with a new name. LimeWire was always crap in my eyes and now it's become even crappier with the copyrighted crap. THAT might turn into the next Kazaa (although far from it) and I don't believe that FrostWire connects to neither G2 nor Ares (not sure).

Anyway µTorrent should stick to torrents and keep developing this great program, Shareaza will definitely remove the bloat once ed2k dies (and it soon will) or a new branch will come out as a stripped version (not a hacked pos like Shareaza Plus). There are better alternatives though like giFT, Phex(/i2phex) and possibly somewhere in the future Hydranode.

Archived