µTorrent 1.7.4 released

Firon

I fail to see what "getting out" has to do with "user-level jollys" or "in-your-face differences," or how you managed to come across such a failed deduction, but whatever. If ad hominem is your style, you just go and stick to it; I'm sure there's gotta be someone out there who enjoys receiving your unwarranted personal attacks. As for me, I'm done with our meaningless little back-and-forth.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally prefer a program that WORKS over one that looks pretty.

If anything, I wish the GUI was simplified so setting up µTorrent didn't require digging through so many menus. Turning off Resolve IPs still can only be done in the Peers window for instance, yet turning off resolve country ips can only be done in the advanced menus...despite being similar things.

Seems some bug with 1.7.4 . Downloads get stuck in between, wont start unless you stop n start the torrent. Seeder used initial mode seeding, happened to me on 3 pc's so seems a bug with utorrent itself. Rest of the users were downloading normally (seemed to be using older versions) , just 1.7.4 was stuck.

i upgraded from 1.7.2 to .3 n then .4 , let me know how i can fix this.

Not to complain or anything, you are doing a tremendous job. But could you please include ALL the changes in the changelog, especially when it comes to the user interface? Somewhere in the 1.7.3 or 1.7.4 changelog there's an entry missing, something along the lines of:

"- Removed double-click loading of torrents in RSS history"

I just went through RSS source codes and proxy logs just to examine why it suddenly wouldn't load torrents anymore ... just to find out that double clicking has been removed. Not a biggie, but interface changes -- even the tiniest ones -- are a sensitive matter.

Seems some bug with 1.7.4 . Downloads get stuck in between, wont start unless you stop n start the torrent. Seeder used initial mode seeding, happened to me on 3 pc's so seems a bug with utorrent itself. Rest of the users were downloading normally (seemed to be using older versions) , just 1.7.4 was stuck.

I confirm this. The very same situation happened to me. Slowly initial seeded torrent and utorrent stops the downloading (although the upload was still going on). I had to restart manually the torrent (stop/start) to make it work normally. And the situation repeated again two times more until I've finally complete the download.

I'm not sure if it just me but why does everytime i open v1.7.4 - the downloads starts rechecking (Checked 0.0%)? I've searched FAQs, this forums and the releases and is it a new feature? I'm very very sure i didn't crash utorrent and just exited it. Tried it twice and it starts rechecking the downloads. is there any way that it can be turned off if it's a new feature?

PS: i'm always either checking the CRC or Force Re-Check after a download is finished...

Archived