Access Denied

sloth980

Hello,

Before I begin I wanted to point out that i read the help webpage and I do not have google desktop or msn desktop installed, nor do I use WinZip Quickfind,

And there is only one uTorrent running in my process tree. I have AVG installed and running, but the help page gives virtually no instruction on what to do as far as helping.

So basically, Im attempting to download a torrent, but roughly every two minuets it says 'error: acess is denied"

I tried tinkering around with AVG to find some sort of option to disable but I havent found any luck.

Anyone else have this problem and more important does ANYONE have any solution for this?

here.

Process Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process

Interrupts

DPCs

System

smss.exe

csrss.exe

wininit.exe

services.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

audiodg.exe

svchost.exe

dwm.exe

LVPrcSrv.exe

svchost.exe

taskeng.exe

taskeng.exe

SLsvc.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

WLTRYSVC.EXE

BCMWLTRY.EXE

spoolsv.exe

svchost.exe

schedul2.exe

avgamsvr.exe

avgupsvc.exe

avgrssvc.exe

avgrssvc.exe

MDM.EXE

svchost.exe

slserv.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

SearchIndexer.exe

SearchProtocolHost.exe

SearchFilterHost.exe

wmpnetwk.exe

UI0Detect.exe

VSSVC.exe

svchost.exe

lsass.exe

lsm.exe

csrss.exe

winlogon.exe

taskmgr.exe

explorer.exe

schedhlp.exe

GrooveMonitor.exe

CameraAssistant.exe

ElkCtrl.exe

LVCOMSX.EXE

opwareSE2.exe

qttask.exe

jusched.exe

TrueImageMonitor.exe

winampa.exe

WLTRAY.EXE

avgcc.exe

aim.exe

DiskImageService.exe

acrotray.exe

ImageFox.exe

ONENOTEM.EXE

MSASCui.exe

sidebar.exe

wmpnscfg.exe

firefox.exe

winamp.exe

procexp.exe

utorrent.exe

DreadWingKnight: I haven't been asked to produce a log. I wanted to report though that I see the same problem. It only happens on one specific torrent, not anyone else. Never has before either. I have restarted/rebooted, and it works for 20 secs or so, then I get this error. I only use the seeder box for seeding, nothing else, since I use my laptop for my normal stuff, so I haven't installed anything on it, besides the new version of utorrent.

It could of course be my anti-virus (Norman) that is causing the problem, since that is upgrading itself, but I would think many others would've seen the same problem (it's a hugely seeded torrent).

Anyways, if anyone wants me to report anything else to catch this problem it's fine by me, I can do that, but it sure seems several people have the same problem, it downloads for about 20 seconds, then the error message appears.

If I force a re-check, it works again for 20 secs etc. Kinda annoying though, since it's a 6.6GB large dir with 6000+ files, so the re-check takes quite a while... :)

Willan_Zar's use of Azureus to finish the task prompts this question:

Does quitting and restarting uTorrent help? Or does rebooting help?

{My back-of-my-mind thought -- after an upgrade installation, is a just-upgraded uTorrent running in some unusual security context since it was launched from Setup? The 20 second delay seems to suggest that the uTorrent disk cache fills for a while, but on the write to disk, the OS denies access.}

BattleTroll: If you see a bunch of unknown people talking, do you walk up and just start changing the subject? If you answer no to that question, then you should apply that same rule to forums on the internet. You are free to ask your questions, but don't just ask them in a forum, under a topic where it doesn't belong, just start a new thread instead.

Okey, I tried and copied all the files from this torrent to another drive, re-scanned that dir, and the same thing happens. Access denied after 20 seconds. This seems to me like a bug in uTorrent.

• 1 month later...

I had this same problem, recently corrected it by reverting the folder it downloads into, back to the original! Also, I wasnt getting the error on all files I wanted to download, for some reason it was just TV programs, and then only those that contained an .avi file. If I downloaded the version that was all .r00 .r01 etc, then I had no problems. I hope this helps some people, good luck!

Archived