Manual adding local peers

Katalu

Can you add a feature to manualy add, or mark peer as Local.

This will be whery usefull. Cause there is a problem to download big torrents grouping in the lan when there is a lot of peers in this torrent.

So as there is a any way to manual mark peer(or maybe a list of peers) that utorrent must NOT restrict speed for them, but restrict for global peers and ALWAYS keep connection for them, for more precision torrent download synchronizing.

Many, many and many people will thank you and donate you for this feature.

With regards too team that develop such a cool program ^__^, Victor.

• 2 months later...

yeah.. that's great feature which was previously requested (by me if not from someone else too) but didnt get to have its own thread (i guess :P)

it could even be implemented the same way as the ipfilter.. some .dat file in the settings directory with IP ranges.

ISPs could provide you (well at least mine) with all their networks you can have unlimited speed to so that you can easily add it to the locals.dat file :P

• 1 year later...

Hello

So 2,5 years have passed since the last post here.

Is the feature to manually add "local ip ranges", that won't be handled by the bandwidth limiter (like 10.xxx.xxx.xxx currently) unless Limit Local Peer Bandwidth enabled, still not implemented?

I have a public ip and the access speed to other ip-s from the providers network (public ip-s not from my subnet) is not limited, so it would be very useful to be make uTorrent handle them as local peers, without unnecessary limiting exchange speed with them in utorrent. Currently the are affected by the main down/upload limits.

• 1 month later...

+1 about the feature to manually add "local ip ranges"

It will be very useful, because there are many people who have the same situation with ISP as igormsk.

Is it already planned?

Additionally, I suppose such local peers must be prioritized, if any number of connections limit is exceeded.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Switeck wrote: "We'd need separate speed limits for "local" though"

I thought, that something like this, but not realy working, is already in uTorrent. It's called "Limit local peer bandwidth". You probably thought about the definition of specific speed but who would ever want to restrict traffic on the local network?

• 6 months later...

Bump!

I'd love to be able to add a peer as "local". I try to connect to my gf in chicago's client and vice versa when we're trying to download the same torrents. We both have quite high connection speeds so being able to share with her and vice versa helps us both complete our downloads, and helps create two new seeders faster. If not "Local Peers" than perhaps a "Preferred Peer" list. To keep a list of friends whom you're consistently connected to at high speeds and who all wish to share the same files. The transfers are completed more quickly and efficiently that way, and bring about seeders of the torrent, especially in cases when there are few and we wish to increase the number to help support the distribution of a torrent.

• 1 year later...

Archived