error: the system cannot find the path specified

flameout

Hm, I'm getting this one as well. I've had it before on a long filename torrent which was solved by moving to my root C:, but this one has stumped me :(

The torrent is:

http://oink.me.uk/details.php?id=364920

The files inside the torrent are quite long, but this hasn't caused any problems with discogs I've grabbed in the past.

Oh XP SP2 btw, RAID Sata drives with about 100GB spare. The torrent has managed to get to about 6% before giving up.

i have no problem post#23 3420222.TPB.torrent, downloaded and still seeding now.

iirc, someone have path/filename problem when they upgrade from µT 1.2.2 to 1.3, delete old settings.dat/resume.dat and re-add torrents fixed this.

that is of course the 1st thing I tried...

• 2 years later...

I am having this issue as well, and I am pretty sure it has to do with file length, the torrent I am having problems with is trying to save to...

\\N1200\myshared\Torrents\Documentary HD Super Pack\Discovery HD 1000 Places To See Before You Die Pack\Discovery.Channel.1000.Places.To.See.Before.You.Die.Alaska.720p.HDTV

Gimme a break :/

• 2 months later...

Hi all, to fix this problem you need to right click on the erroring file(s), and look for the Advanced option > Set Download Location. Check to see if the locations are the same and if they are not, then change it so it downloads to the correct location. My wife discovered this fix : )

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same message "The system cannot find the path specified''

I use utorrent 1.8.1. and store all downloaded files on external HDD. My external HDD is named "Disc G" but in utorrent 1.8.1. properties it changed as "Disc F"! I don`t know Who and why make changes.

That all problem! All is working!

• 6 months later...

had this as well, right after I tried redirecting download files to a larger (new) removable HD. When I changed the file download location to the new one, Utorrent would have none of that, so I ended up changing it back to original location. What I may do some day is remove and rename the smaller HD. Anyhow, some things are best left as is.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I was getting the same error no matter what I tried to download. I had it set to a partion I removed. So I told it to use the new loaction but it still gave me the same error. I don't think utorrent like the fact I removed the path location before setting it to a new location.

recreated the path/location and downloaded a new torrent. It started working again. Then I changed the locations to the new partion that I wanted to use and everything was good again.

Archived