All trackers time out

kelainefes

Hey all this is my 1st post here.

I usually use uTorrent without problems at home but now at work i get this weird problem: i add a torrent to download and it starts blue but it never connets to trackers and and soon as they time out it goes red and never comes blue again.

My nat is green all time and i can download very slowly (i think thanks to DHT).

I know i'm directly connected to the router and i'm the only one connected to it.

Windows Firewall is setup properly (i think): the ports are open on tcp and udp and program is allowed in the exceptions list.

Is it possible that is the ISP fault? I don't think he is capping the speed cause i can upload very near to max speed with utorrent and one time i connected to a fast peer and downloaded at more than 100 KB per second.

Plz help me with this.

P.s.: I'm using 1.7.4 but it was the same with 1.6.1

I think that is not the case i have Tiscali at home aswell and i can max out my download and upload limits (6 Mbits=750 KBytes/sec DL and 512 Kbits=64 KBytes/sec) on a regular basis with uTorrent. Maybe they do cap the torrent protocol in other countries but not in Italy or my area at least.

The only problem at work is i cant connect to trackers but when DHT gives me a few peers i start uploading at max speed wich is like 50 KBytes/sec there and i can download at 80-120 KBytes/sec which is fine to me (and maybe too fast to be capped) but is just boring to wait 20 mins for a download to start.

Try forcing peers to switch over to Peer Exchange after you have a couple: Right-click torrent > Properties, and manually delete all the trackers, and uncheck DHT (leaving PEX checked). Over time, an increasingly greater percentage of the peers you trade with will be via PEX, and more impervious to traffic-shaping. (This is the only known scheme presently which thwarts Sandvine seed-crippling.)

Archived