Problem Possibly Modem is Router Port forwarding port Open problems.

globalmark

Hi I have been trying to Forward Ports or whatever to get rid of the RED Circle in Utorrent , I have read and Tried most Things But I do not really have a Clue what I am doing and Never Works ????

I have a Tompson speedtouch Modem ( maybe router as well but only one Output ) connected to Internet , this modem is Connected to a NETGEAR WGT624 v.3 wireless Router . which is Connected to 3 computers 2 by Ethernet cable and 1 wirelessly ...

I have tried changing many things But then I lose connection to Internet or Router blocks me out , so I had to push Reset to Factory settings Buttons ( now just configered to get Internet ) .

Utorrent goes from 1Kb/s to max 20kb/s but normally around 3-6 kb/s ( I am on ADSL 256kbs plan) so usually get a Bit better than This , There is lots of seeds , Maybe a Problem getting the Port open all the way through the modem and router >?? I don't know

seems to give slightly more speed with UPnp on but not much .

I have set up static IP and forwared Ports through the Netgear but speed remains about the same ..

My problem is do I need to OPen or forward ports ?? is it a Firewall Blocking ??( I have tried at least once to turn all off -- my computer fire wall is been off for a Few days While I have been trying to sort this Problem ) Maybe Internet Provider DODO ( Australia ) is Blocking ( even though they say they are not ) ???

Any Help is Appriciated .

Thanks Mark

If you have a router, you need to forward ports.

What's the measured speed of your connection, both Down AND UP?

(These values may differ considerably from speeds REPORTED by your ISP!)

What settings are you using, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Have you changed any of µTorrent's advanced settings?

Have you tried the troubleshooting guide?:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Download is 176kb/s and upload is 56kb/s was set at 192kb/s I have tried changing most of utorrents advanced settings but stays at red circle or yellow triangle ,,

Yes I have tried Trouble shooting also other websites however nothing seems to work , however I am not really sure what I was doing and why so maybe was wrong settings somewhere ..????

how about using the 2 modem /router ( speedtouch ) and the Netgear together , do they need Bridging ?? or something ????

Hi, The Thompson speedtouch could also be a Router so you would have the Dreaded 2 Router Syndrome. You can Put the Thompson Modem into Bridged mode or turn the Second router into a Switch/Hub/WAP here is the guide for that procedure:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1133918703

The_Nephilim

globalmark said, "Download is 176kb/s and upload is 56kb/s was set at 192kb/s I have tried changing most of utorrents advanced settings but stays at red circle or yellow triangle"

You don't have a xx/192k connection in Speed Guide (CTRL+G)...it's more like a xx/56k connection, because it's based on your UPLOAD speed.

It seems you're not getting a "full" 256 kilobits/sec download speed either, so that's a really crappy connection...doesn't even qualify as broadband.

Archived