Help trouble opening torrents - path problems...

businessbhoy

Hi - A friend recently installed azereus on my pc as my torrents had slowed considerably - azereus didnt work so removed it from my pc and continued with utorrent - now when I try to open torrents using firefox I get this message; (Download error) - C:/documents/Local/Temp(torrrent name) avi.torrent could not be opened due to an unknown error. - try saving to disk first then opening the file.

I use utorrent 1.7.4 (Think I recently upgraded too) and am operating on Win XP & firefox. been using torrents years and first time I have had this trouble. have tried to go via firefox tools, options, manage etc but no luck. also changed the usual settings in utorrent via preferences but still i get the message. any help would be great. Thanks.

did not work - when I follow the instruction it let me proceed to the next step after attempting to download a torrent, ie, a box appears allowing me to open with utorrent, i select ok but the same error message again appears and the attempt is rejected! V frustrating - anyone else got an idea? Many thanks...PLEASE SOMEONE EKP - ANY MODS KNOW WHATS UP?

Archived