µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know how to send any screenshots but ill read it again( i have spent a lot of time reading the different forums) ill click that link and have a look.

thanks for replying had seen port forwards warning about motorola surfboard modems. In response I set up a static ip( with cmd: ipconfig /all) and changed the network connection to not assign an ip automatically. In my original post i had trouble with my secure connection and while fixing it my isp had me hook an ethernet cable directly to the modem. Call me paranoid but it fits with PortForward's warning.

Im going to try some of the other tips now-back soon.

I haven't had updated my utorrent in quite a while, and I just noticed that you no longer upload a set-up program, but just the .exe file. I've already replaced the old .exe with the new one; still, may I ask why the installation method was changed?

By the way, after replacing the file, I went up from 1.6x, to 1.74, when it was supposed to be upgraded to 1.75. (Sorry, no, I haven't read the whole thread yet.)

I would just like to say, I appreciate any and all the things you programmers/coders do to enhance the lives of all of us in the free world. You dedicate your time and sometimes money to help make programs that help us all. I do not have any complaints and thus have only this to say. THANK YOU

..._...|..____________________, ,

....../ ..---___________----_____|]=

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.: /

.....), ---.(_(__) /

....// (..) ), ----"

...//___//

..//___//

.//___//

I notice one thing about utorrent 1.7.5

the client hangs ocassionally when I select "remove task + torrent" on a torrent with large files.

the client will stop real time updating the speeds and status. I'd have to manually restart the client to solve it right now.

Something to do with the client or me?

ok for starters utorrent 1.75 is really more trouble then its worth ethier go back to an older version or go get anouther torrent downloader ever since ive had utorrent its been ok until i upgraded to 1.75 since then speed has gone to crap and and on a regular basis when ever i clicked on utorrent to change something it constanly would not respond and get very fustrating why should a new comer come in take the spot light from the real stars of torrent downloading, who ever said utorrent rocks needs a reality check sorry but use it heaps and you'll see i dont recomem this no one

Um whats troubleshoot oh thats right you must think im another one of those dumb people like the majority of people in this world that dont have a clue, sorry to say im aussie and i ant as thick as some ofcorse i done troubleshoot still not happy got anouther torrent downloader and it kills utorrent as i said do you use utorrent 1.75 and how much have you used it?????????

well utorrent 1.7.5 seems to have been released in a hurry as i can see tons of small bugs in just UI, compared to older versions, but as usual i will be ignored and ur client will be banned from private trackers... so make sure you release a clean client next time.. or i will just stick to older versions...

any thoughts on why we didn't have a thing like that for 1.6.1?

O rly? I see you didn't care to point them out, as I've looked through your posts, and haven't seen you report those "tons" of UI bugs you claim to have seen (so much for us having ignored them). Either you're just embellishing the claim to make something big out of nothing, or you just don't care to report any problems you're having. Either way, just talking about having seen bugs won't get anything fixed. And I'm not seeing what UI bugs would have to do with getting µTorrent banned on private trackers.

And for the record, there have always been leecher mods of µTorrent. Just because you never knew of them doesn't mean they didn't exist. Don't link to them here.

What UI bugs? I haven't noticed any. Mention them and chances are, if they're a real bug and not something that irks you, they'll be fixed. UI isnt enough to ban a client from a tracker. If that was the case, Bittornado might have been banned for having a single window per torrent, or perhaps Azureus for its bloated interface. Yet those clients are not banned despite their ugly UI.

As for the hacked clients, They're not available because those are unofficial leech mod's that abuses the bittorrent protocol for the benefit of a single user? They hurt the swarm overall and should not be used. They're (rightly) not available because they're not provided by uTorrent. They're created by some 3rd party that hacked uTorrent to do the mentioned objectives.

They will get you banned from trackers if you use them. I'd highly advise against it.

I had version 1.6 (Build 474) on my computer and it ask me if I wanted to upgrade to the new 1.75 version and now I can't get anything to download?.....Help? I still have 1.6 loaded on my wireless laptop and it still works like a champ but of course it being wireless it's alot slower, so like i said when I opened utorrent on my main machine (broadband connected) it ask to upgrade and I did. I have tried to down load many different shows from all the different sites and it get nothing!...........please help I'm in the military and live overseas so this is the ONLY way i get to stay up to date on Tv show back home!!!

Thanks for any Help!

Hi out there,

I'm a new comer to this forum and have a question I hope someone can answer.

I'm running the XP system and have been downloading for quite a few months now.

I have made no changes other then upgrading to the 1.7.5 utorrent.

Now the program will not log me in.

The DHT reads, (Login) for a minute and then switches to, Waiting to log in.

I went back to an older version but that did'nt help and now I'm back to the 1.7.5

version.

I checked my windows firewall and it accepts utorrents, I even disabled it, same problem.

Any suggestions

Thanks

New on this stuff, when I click on the link I get a message that:

Can not fetch utorrent.exe from download.utorrent.com

Can not open the internet place. Place not accessible or can not find it, try again later.

Can it be the internet provider blocking the adress? The usual download window popped up in the background but the download of the program do not start. Tried yeterday as well with same result..

If you're running Peer Guardian, it may be blocking download.utorrent.com

Barring that, is that the only website you're having trouble with right now?

Have you tried going to www.bitcomet.com to see if that's "blocked" too?

If it is, then quite likely it's your ISP or a very unusual virus/trojan/spyware on your computer.

Others should be able to tell you how to connect via a proxy and download utorrent.exe v1.7.5 ...I'm not knowledgeable enough in that regard.

Dreadwingnight you seem to be one of few who dont get problems look try this azureus as from your recent post it only seem you have used utorrent, utorrent is rated number one due to the amount of uses using this programe and the funny thing is that the majority of people usiong this dont know what they are talking about thus stealing the fame from programe that deserve it. ie propgrames that have more feature and hard to use. So people who actually know whats going on have an idea DraedwingKnight are u american that would explan you ignorance

You can't call someone ignorant when you can't even use proper punctuation, it's against the rules of life.

It's a matter of personal preference. I used Azureus for a couple of years, then I switched to Utorrent because I was getting higher download speeds with it. Just because you prefer another torrent client doesn't mean it's the best ever. You should really get over yourself. If you like that torrent client so much then why are you here wasting your time?

Besides, not all Americans are ignorant.

Oh wait, your Aussie, that would explain your poor grammar!

:)

Archived