µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

1.7.7 released to fix some potential security exploits. Barring any other security issues before the release of 1.8, this will be the last 1.7.x release.

The extension protocol crash bug affects 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 builds releases to date. No update will be released for pre 1.7 builds. Upgrading is strongly recommended.

http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.7/utorrent.exe

--- 2008-01-25: Version 1.7.7 (build 8179)

- Fix: remote crash bug in WebUI

- Fix: (potential) remote crash bug with extension protocol (affects all 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 builds released to date)

--- 2008-01-15: Version 1.7.6 (build 7859)

- Change: do not use adapter subnet to identify local peers

- Fix: double-clicking to open items in RSS releases tab

- Fix: remote crash bug (affects all 1.7.x, and 1.8 builds released to date)

- Fix: limit local peers if disk is congested

--- 2007-09-11: Version 1.7.5 (build 4602)

- Fix: rare crash bug with malformed UPnP response

- Fix: downloads stalled in rare cases

If you'd like to be notified by e-mail of new releases, subscribe to the following thread: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2971

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be honest with everyone but uTorrent isnt nearly as good anymore. the only reason its worth using even for legal downloads is cause you can choose what parts to download and what you dont want to. azureus is far the better torrent, specially being open source unlike a uTorrent who was bought by bittorrent, who is a contradictory company. they are against illegal downloads yet are only famous because of them. unless their the dumbest people on the planet, they know this as well.

i wont support bittorrent and only use utorrent when i dont have time to download an entire package. bittorrent needs to thank those who made them not go against them. p2p had its time, torrent will eventually die as well when the next big craze comes out and groups like bittorrent will be left in the dust.

azureus is far the better torrent

As an Azureus developer, I'm glad you like our client.

only use utorrent when i dont have time to download an entire package

Which Azureus supports as well.

Now, those two things aside - your post was silly and pointless. Especially:

bittorrent needs to thank those who made them not go against them

I hate those kind of comments, as if people who spend huge amounts of their time (usually for free) on either coding software or supporting it somehow *owe* you something.

AND Auto-update to beta versions are enabled.

Turn that part off and try.

I already fixed that bug (it was a server-side issue). No need to disable it.

But no, it's not on the update server yet. Assuming no more bugs are found, I'll put it up in a few hours.

chemicalrubber: remove and re-add your firewall rules.

Renault2000: that is going against the BitTorrent specification, so no.

MattLee: your post is pointless. µTorrent hasn't declined in quality at all, and has only improved (although we have made a few buggy releases, shit happens, and at least we try to fix it quickly).

uTorrent rules and I love it very much more than any one else.

I always update uTorrent to the newest version.

every new version is better than the last one , and the new version fixs many things.

but the only thing I hope it will be fixed soon ,

it is if the electricity was cut , or my PC Restarts automaticaly when uTorrent is running ,

or anthing else happend to make the PC Restarts while uTorrent is running.

uTorrent loses all the pieces and make Check.

if you can fix this and not let uTorrent loses all the pieces when my PC Restarts automaticaly.

it will be very great from you, I want it to be as I exit it normaly and nothing will happen.

Thank You Very Much.

Hey, i`m having some troubles with my ISP. They have always made Traffic Shapping but utorrent could always solve this problem and the speed wasn`t a problem till now. Since yesterday with the new utorrent 1.7.5 i`m starting to having problems with the speeds...

I even managed to get the previous version and still the speed problem :(

What can i do more?

Plz, i`m like sh*t now. ;_;

Archived