µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.7.6 released to fix a remote crash bug. Also fixed 3 other minor issues while we were at it. Barring any other security issues before the release of 1.8, this will be the last 1.7.x release.

This crash bug affects 1.6.x, 1.7.x and 1.8 releases to date. No update will be released for those branches. Upgrading is strongly recommended.

Page 1 of this thread.

Fix: remote crash bug (affects all 1.6.x, 1.7.x, and 1.8 builds released to date)

http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.6/utorrent-1.7.6.txt

Edit: just to eliminate all possibilty of a cache problem, I'm reading the same thing through a remote shell.

i was using utorrent 1.6.1 and was advised to use 1.7.6 which i downloaded from your site. i am not a computer geek and have limited knowledge of what i am doing. however after i push down load and say yes to running it a window appears in my service tray showing utorrent 1.6.1, my question is have i installed this new version on what i have told you because i have nothing but trouble ever since.

After updating to 1.7.6 my uTorrent keep freezing after closing it (using Vista Buiss., Nod32). Reinstalling, instaling older version, closing lots of other program and ecc. doesn't help. I allso deleted all registry keys of uTorrent. PLEASE help.

I have another problem with Vista blocking any port I forwarded to my comp. Looks like Vista wont send request to router Upnp and in IPconfig /all it says: IP Routing Enabled...No. (it works fine on other comp with XP on same nwork) Any idea?

i resently dl the new utorrent 1.7.6 cause the site i use banned the older version as most other sites, but now it wont let me connect to dl any files ive gone threw the port issues ive allowed on my firewall everything is the same as before except the version of coure but i cant dl anything . i have windows vista home premium 32bit can someone help me wit h this issue please?

i was using utorrent 1.6.1 and was advised to use 1.7.6 which i downloaded from your site. i am not a computer geek and have limited knowledge of what i am doing. however after i push down load and say yes to running it a window appears in my service tray showing utorrent 1.6.1, my question is have i installed this new version on what i have told you because i have nothing but trouble ever since.

You're not actually running 1.7.6, you're still running 1.6.1. You have to CLOSE the old version first.

I updated to 1.7.6 and all my uploads vertually stopped, downloading still continued ok checked firewall and antivirus, no difference, reconfigered firewall (exeptions)in windows xp just in case, still no good will not upload. uninstalled 1.7.6 and went to the registry and removed all referance to utorrent and then reinstalled 1.6.1 all working perfectly again with uploads and downloads

The firewall as mentioned is the windows xp standard within the operating system?

... both computers can't be running on the same port behind the same firewall. They'd require different ports to allow the port forwarding to go to the separate IPs:port.

R U sure about?

Right now i'm running 1.6.1 on two machines with each identical setups, XP and KIS through the same router with builtin firewall on the same connection.

Anyway i'm still havin problem with 1.7.6 as i cant get it to forward any port with KIS.

I removed all the rules set for 1.6.1 and set up new ones for 1.7.6 but no luck.

Yes I'm sure about that. Multiple rules for the same port to different IPs confuse ANY firewall. Theoretically it would forward 1/2 packets to the right destination. Note I'm talking about PORT1 = 12345, IP1 = 192.168.0.101; PORT2 = 12346, IP2 = 192.168.0.102.

Also as Firon says download for 1.7.6 has been re-packed with an old UPX so please test it.

DId as you suggested + cleared all exept 1 instance of Utorrent in regedit, removed all rules in KIS.

Installed 1.7.6 and set new rules in KIS and still not connectable.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\profiles\AVService\settings\Excludes\0003\Object =Mask REG_SZ E:\UT\utorrent.exe

Could not delete this key though even if i shut down KIS and it's sevices completly. Is this the problem?

uhm, one would think those settings would be controlled by the UI for KIS. If that is your utorrent location... are you sure there's only one EXE in that directory? :/ I'm sorry but I was never convinced to try out any of this software myself... I was almost convinced then a site's RSS downtime caused an uproar over the weekend, lol.

Archived