µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any information at all about this crash bug that affects all extended messaging versions?

After last time, I'm reluctant to take anybodies word for it existing and affecting 1.4-1.7.x

We all know how much you'd love to see 1.6.1 die out.

good day DREADWINGKNIGHT....

im sorry for the question but what is EMP? extended message thing?

is it PEX? Encryption? DHT?

im using 1.7.7 perfectly, i just want to understand what the Extended thing was. :)

btw why the bug from 1.4 was fixed now and not in all tehse years yet it took only a couple of days to be fixed with 1.7.7?

you never knew about it till now?

hi, one of the torrent sites I'm joined to says in order to upload torrents, I need to have 1.7.7.. I currently have 1.7.6, and so basically I just want to know if I install this newer version, will all my torrents I'm currently downloading still be there when I run the newer version? 1.7.6 is the first version I've ever used, so I've not needed to upgrade before, which is why I'm not familiar with what happens to my ongoing torrent downloads.. some of these files I'm getting are huge and it's taken a LOT of time and I'm not even half way done with them yet, and so I don't want to risk losing them all and having to start all over again.. please can someone who knows for sure answer my plea for help?! thank you in advance..

asmodeus718

i've just recently starting using utorrent and i love it now when will i be able to update through the update button in utorrent or will it automatically update?

i did read previously that it wasn't one the server yet, so is it on or what?

Used azureus before and never had to worry about updates as it was automatic!

ok jewelisheaven each time i d/l the update on the home page for version 1.7.7 and save it to my desktop. when i double click on it it just opens the one i have on my pc now and it doesn't ask me to close utorrent it just opens it up and i have no update it is still version 1.7.6 can you help me please

I just updated to 1.7.7 and caught it doing something weird. It randomly decides to ingnore my upload limit, turning itself on and off at random intervals. I have my uploads capped at 20kbs yet once in a while it goes on 250kbs uploading rampages and ties up my whole network. during those episodes the L (which fluctuates) is added to the U and D at the bottom yet when it keeps to the cap there is no L. I havent had any problems with the program until this version (1.7.7) and i have been a user since 1.4.

I've got strange problems with 1.7.7. Whenever I run it, my whole Internet connection slows down dramatically, I basically can not open a webpage, even while limiting both download and upload transfers to 1/2 of the bandwith. I've got that problem since I installed the newest version.

I'm having the same problem as Daimonion (see my earlier post). Even with limiting local bandwidth there is a serious reduction in speed and overall lagging of the line in comparison to 1.7.6 leading me to figure its a fresh bug for 1.7.7. And to save alot of people the trouble... no its not my firewall

Archived