µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

With an upload limit of 7 KiBps you shouldn't have more than 1 torrent running. With that, upload slots should be lessed a smidge to 3, and you should turn off the extra features as mentioned in the How-To post #2. That low of an upload is REALLY impacted by such background activities as DHT. PEX is a viable alternative with less overhead. See how those changes impact your experience.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same problem as AJZ and Daimonion. I have a 12Mbit/1Mbit connection and upload limited to 70% of my limit. Within a few (15) seconds of starting utorrent I practically can not surf the net anymore due to a significant slowdown even when the upload speed is even less than 10% of my limit. As soon I turn off the utorrent program, the net again behaves normally. Ports are open but it isn't the router I think cause it all acts normal when the utorrent is off and I haven't changed any router settings for a while and everything was working ok sooner.

When I tested the max dl/ul speed of my connection with utorrent on or off it is practically the same, but it seems as ping time increased so much that web pages open so slowly.

The problem still remains with 1.8 beta 8205, and I don't know what else to try (net.max_halfopen is the default 8, both dl/ul and all bandwidth settings in program are even lower than offered after finishing the speed guide in utorrent, DHT is disabled).

Thanks for the hint! As soon as you brought it up I remembered I installed nod32 around 10 days ago and that the problems kind of overlaped with the installation. I was certain I disabled the real time protection during the tests but obviously I didn't. So my problem's solved. Thanks again...

when my previous utorrent which is 1.7 beta updates to this 1.7.7 build, i cannot download anymore.. the messages usually says NO TRACKER AVAILABLE, NO CONNECTIONS, etc.. my existing uploads and downloads is not increasing its percentage. its stucks as it is. i tried to install back the 1.7 beta but the more problem occurs... any suggestions?

i have the same problem with cools..... whenever i started utorrent.. i cannot surf the net.. page loading takes long.. i tried to disable my ESET NOD 32 real time protection but still having the same problem.. even if i closed the utorrent and repaired my wireless connection still having the problem. i can browse normally when i started my pc.. im using VISTA Home Basic.. any help?

Start a new thread -- this kind of discussion doesn't belong in this announcement thread.

Before you start a new thread, check the first link in my signature regarding interrupted connections, and be sure you check the note regarding NOD32. Afterwards, if nothing helps, provide the requested information in the new thread.

seriously this is the only thing that's keeping me from using utorrent : surfing the internet is almost impossible

especially when protocol encryption is enabled it completely cripples surfing, no page loading at all - when disabled things become a little better but still it's almost impossible to surf across the pages

so i'm forced to use azureus in which i download with 210kb/s on my 2mb line and still the pages are loading normally

it's a shame because nothing else can compete with utorrent, but unfortunately i don't have a choise until this is fixed

everything is configured properly, i even use exactly the same settings in both utorrent and azureus and download exactly the same file under the same conditions to ensure that the results are 100% trustworthy

i know what i'm doing and trust me when i'm saying there is a problem somewhere in utorrent

i'm not saying that everyone has this problem, i'm just talking for myself and some of my friends

could it be because of some router incompatibility??? i have us robotics 9105

You have not provided the information the thread requests of you.

i know what i'm doing and trust me when i'm saying there is a problem somewhere in utorrent

i'm not saying that everyone has this problem, i'm just talking for myself and some of my friends

If the problem were in uTorrent, 100% of people would be having problems.

Router incompatibility gets solved (about 80% of the time) by actually following the guide in the thread I linked.

Complaining in an ANNOUNCEMENT thread proves at least to what lengths you're willing to go through for getting help. You didn't even make a thread in the Troubleshooting forum.... 98.9% of problems are due to configuration. This includes Incompatible Software, hardware limitations, and uT settings unfit for your connection. Provide information asked-for or read the How-To and follow it in its entirety. If that doesn't solve your problem provide a list of steps you were able to accomplish and those you weren't and if you ask nicely someone will more than likely help you. Thank you for providing your testament to how uT needs to be configured properly to work with your line.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is probably the wrong thread to post this in, but I've been experiencing crashes with uTorrent. Has anyone else been experiencing these crashes?

Mods/Admin, please move this post to the appropriate board as you see fit and inform me of where to post the crashlog.

Steve

@Steve: Make a post in the troubleshooting forum. While you're at it...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop) , then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Post this in that new thread, naturally :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived