µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the sentiment bigcharlie, but honestly Lockhaven must really be bored since 1.7.5 has been out for months, and instead of taking his problems to Troubleshooting or Support he decided to flame on a thread about a released version.

As far as that being a representation of Lockhaven himself I'll let you decide which one of the adjectives used best describes him.

Salt rules, but only on steak

uTorrent doesn't rule ... yet.

I have been using it for the past few years and it has been good until recently.

Now eMule and BitComet are much faster ... and uTorrent isn't downloading anything at the present time.

I am not a techie and I am a busy boy.

Is there a simple checklist I can go thru to determine my problem ... or do I just default to BitComet from now on?

Some info: I am using 1.7.5. I change TCP/UDP each time I boot up. I am with Rogers (Canada) and have heard they are looking for downloaders and putting them on a slow path. I have the Rogers Extreme service and have received 10,000 Kbps at times on specific downloads (not torrents).

Any suggestions .. or do I have to review all items in the forum?

Canadian ISPs dislike filesharing. I wouldn't recommend reviewing all of the forum, that's well over 30K topics. How about just a search with your ISP?

Just because you are paying more for the same service does not mean they do not hobble your connection.

As far as ruling, I'm not sure you can place any bittorrent client on-par with µT 1.7.5 stable at this time.

This is a production real-world µTorrent 1.7.5 in action.

Until you good techies understand how to compete with the ISPs, they will rule.

I read the Rogers' items and get the sense they are winning this battle.

I sense they are reading these forums and are being as proactive as I would be .. in the continuous battle.

I guess I will use another app until uTorrent can compete with Rogers...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay, hopefully this resolves the crash-sessions I sometimes encountered. Also noticed in the log that the local peer disk congestion problem is finally addressed... I quit using uT for local torrents because the problems were so great with it eating up all available (and in the case of having swap enabled, unavailable) memory then crashing, when the network was faster than uT creating huge new data files. Such a pain in the rear, that bug was!

Thanks much! :D

You should always backup your settings prior to upgrades. (My Thoughts on Backups) If you want to make sure you keep the same viewing settings might I recommend using Ultima's BFE ... read this and understand column order for both the old and new version but once you know what your OLD settings were and you know the NEW settings you can "restore" your settings with hacking. Bencoded-Files Editor is an advanced user tool and as such comes with little extra support.

Archived