µTorrent 1.7.7 released

Firon

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm not running both machines at same time.

As soon i'm deleting 1.7.6 version and go back to 1.6.1 version i'm connectable again.

Not a biggie though as i seem to be able to DL and UL anyway, just irratating with the redlight being on all time.

Apologies for not reading the entire thread - it digressed.

Bug: Every time I start 1.7.6, it asks me if I want to install uTorrent, and presents that dialog. Kinda annoying, as I have uTorrent starting automatically with Windows. I'm guessing it's because I keep it in my own location and it's too dumb to realize this.

Previous versions showed this dialog only one time.

-mu

If you're worried about fake vers., simply download manually from this site!

Your problem of being connectable with 1.6.x and not with 1.7.6, esp. with the same settings, is probably traceable to your firewall as Firon rightly pointed out. It probably recognises the old ver. but not the new one and so blocks the latter. Deleting all the uTorrent-related rules and recreating them for the new version should do the trick.

Thanks jewelisheaven. I've since upgraded to the 1.8 alpha (I assumed that the update function was getting the latest version, but it gets the latest 'stable' version - I prefer the cutting edge) which doesn't display the dialog - and works great, too.

For the record, my uTorrent has been launched from the same location since the first release, so there was no change on my part. Every version showed the dialog, 1.7.6 was the first version to *keep* showing it. But like I say, it's fixed again in the 1.8 alpha.

-mu

ps. the v1.8 application icon is also much improved!

utorrent (1.7.6) is v nice :) Thanks for the good work!

tried azureus, nice but keeps my cpu fan whining crazy when load is high, utorrent is *much* less cpu intensive.

just a little feature request, wonder if it make sense to show the cache hits ratio under speed > read statistics, this could be useful to see if i need to increase the cache size.

@jewelisheaven:

Mister (or miss?), can you tell me where is on this forum or on specifically forum's thread locating full explanation info 'bout options under "Advanced" tab. If you don't know 'bout this, what I asking for, you just can type "I don't know" or something. Okey?

Is there anybody who really know where is it...info (not just info - full explanation) 'bout program properties and stuff or not, excepting mister (or miss "jewelisheaven"?)? If so, please share it with me.

Sorry for my poor english, I'm from Tel-Aviv...

Do you know WHY it's not affected? 1.6 doesn't support the extensions. 1.6 is deprecated and old and undoubtedly has other exploits. It is indeed your choice to not upgrade. 1.7 was stable for how long before anyone reported the error? No program is without errors.

Edit: Since you're probably too lazy to see the initial bug report http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34587 . Nowhere does ANY uT or BitTorrent, Inc. representative state this affects 1.6. Take your trolling / flaming / FUD elsewhere.

See 1st post in this topic.

quote:

"This crash bug affects 1.6.x, 1.7.x and 1.8 releases to date. No update will be released for those branches. Upgrading is strongly recommended."

This is misinformation that caused many trackers to ban 161!

Oh geez, this thing still. Listen, I already posted in the thread that the exploit didn't effect 1.6 line. I'm not sure how it happened it got posted that it effected that line.... guessing because we had to get the thing out so fast that there may have been some minor miscommunication there.

And please don't post that link to the exploit!

Archived