When downloads get fast- I get disconnected

mcfee03

Hi, I've looked at the stickys for help but so far I havn't really found any. I've been using this router (DL-524) for about 6 months and recently, within the past month, have i had this problem. When I'm downloading a file or files below 120kb/s it works fine but as soon as I download popular items, and speeds of 150kb/s + are reached it disconnects me from the internet (ie internet explorer, msn etc). Is it something to do with having too many connections on each torrent? I know how to lower that but it'd make my downloads slower. What should I do? Please help me out here! Thanks

"I know how to lower that but it'd make my downloads slower."

Not necessarily. more connections/connection attemps means in the end slower speeds since your line is busy with connections noise instead of useful bits of content.

Try using the CTRL+G values recommended for your uploadlinespeed. This should not kill your connection. If it does, then either is your hardware buggy, or your ISP might have some kind of new blocking stuff in place that triggers at a certain amount of conns.

I've done what suggested at "http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992" and I'm still having the same problem. The problem doesn't happen on the computer that's directly connected to the modem. The computer with the problem is connected to the internet via the an ASUS W-167G adapter and the D-Link 524 router.

Please help me out here

Archived