Limited or no connectivity.

dagaz_kid

Hello, i have been torrenting for awhile, but recently switched to uTorrent.

Im having a limited or no connectivity error on my DSL connection while using it though.

I have tried LVLLords Connection patch, due to the errors involved in Net.Max_halfopen having been exceeded.

I have quite a few different errors in Event viewer

Such as Event #'s 7036, 7035, 32003, 8033, 1002, 29, 17, 4201, 4202, 1007, 1000, 1003.... All within 10-20 minutes of the connection being lost.

I have a speedstream 4100 modem, no router involved, using AVG free version.

The connection works great while uTorrent is not running. Line tests from my ISP come back great. Utorrent will download for about 20mins to 2 hours before i loose the connection.

What other information do you guys need?

Thanks, Dagaz_kid

limited or no connectivity means that your network adapter does not have an IP address. It can occur in two situations:

1. Something happened that caused your network card to reset. Upon resetting, it attempted to get an IP address using DHCP, and was unsuccessful.

2. Your network card operated fine, but your DHCP lease expired. Prior to expiration, your network card attempted to get an IP address using DHCP, and was unsuccessful.

The connection works great while uTorrent is not running.

Since you said that, let's assume #1.

Let's reduce your upload speed -- that is often the culprit.

1. Perform a few speedtests using www.speedtest.net -- determine your typical upload speed (ex. 358 kbps)

2. To convert that into the limit you should use in uTorrent, drop the last digit (358 kbps becomes 35 kB/s)

3. Enter the result in Prefrences - Connection - Max upload rate

I tried the speed test and got around 400 kilobits. Acording to the "drop the last digit" psychology, i should restrict my max to 40KB. Thats odd, because its currently restricted to 35KBs.

I do recall reading in the event viewer one of the errors mentioning DHCP Lease. Not exactly sure what though i will try and find it.

Any other idears?

EDIT>>>>

Alright, it looks as though i found a solution.

I talked with the HP guys for awhile on the issue, and this is what we did

We reset IP,Winsock,

also added the Windows update relating to SP2 Connections and made a registry patch in notepad for TCPIP.sys.

Running the LVLLord Patch notifies me i still have Net.Max_HalfOpen=65535 like i want it to be

(pre-SP2 value)

I have had uTorrent connected for 2 and a half hours now, with no problems at all.

Archived